Creating my 1st website from scratch

Igneel

Beta member
As the title says, ive been wanting to create my first website for a while and im as noob as one can be, ive seen some of the tuts not sure how to apply all the info so i would like a guide to build one. I would also prefere to start off simple by writing it up(getting the basics down), then start adding things to make it flashy

You should definitely try W3Schools. It's perfect for beginners as it starts you up with the very basics and allows you to practice right away as you learn. This website also have a nice selection of more advanced tutorials you can choose from, depending on what you are interested to try.

Here is the URL: W3Schools Online Web Tutorials .

I second W3Schools and Code Academy. The web design classes at my school use W3Schools as a textbook.

The only reason I hesitate to recommend w3schools is because it's not exactly as novice friendly as codeacademy. Codeacademy is just spelled out for you, and offers a user interface that is just so easy.

Yup, for referencing HTML for example is very useful there.

Check out CSS Basics when you fancy styling your webpage (which should be pretty much straight away!).

Kind regards,

Lab.

Yup, for referencing HTML for example is very useful there.

Check out CSS Basics when you fancy styling your webpage (which should be pretty much straight away!).

Kind regards,

Lab.

I've also used W3 for CSS, MySQL, and a bit of PHP; not just HTML.

Don't get me wrong I have referenced PHP functions etc from w3 but I generally prefer to use the official documentation of a language. I do like the way w3schools setup their site though and the whole 'Try-Me' feature proves to be really useful.

I love bookmarking handy sites for web development so please continue posting!:lol:

Regard,

Lab.

Back
Top Bottom