Creating a wired hub for my wireless network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinscher

Fully Optimized
So my modem/router is in my room so I can have a wired connection to my PC and I want to be able to connect my home theater to my network. I have a Marantz sr6006 receiver that does not have wireless. The only way to connect it to my network is through a wired Ethernet connection. I have no desire to run an Ethernet cable through my house to my living room and I don't want to move my router/modem. What is the best way to get a wired connection hub in my living room?

Your theater and your modem is in the same floor?

Look i have to leave, and i know that when you wake up you will want to see an answer, i will tell you what to do...

If the theater and the modem are in the same floor, the best solution for you is a power line internet adapter ( Newegg.com - BELKIN F5D4077 VideoLink Powerline Internet Adapter Up to 200Mbps )

Power line Adapters ara two adapters which are connecting to any plug and convert electricity to internet...
So you have to plug the one adaptor close to your modem, and from modem pass a ethernet cable to the adapter. The other adapter plug it near to the theater and connect an ethernet cable to adapter and theater and you are OK!!! :suprised:

I suggest you to buy a Powe Line with 200kbps or more ta have a stable and fast connection..

A. Powerline
B. Wireless AP, extender or repeater? not sure what it is called. but basically you have a second router setup to repeat your main router's signal. and you can hard wire your home theater stuff to the second router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom