CPU temperature question

Some FX chips were known to have bad temp probes, I'd be careful. Think about it, 20c is 68f. If your room was 70 that means that the chip while on is making the temp go down. You said 15c earlier, that's 59f. See a problem there? I like cold but I don't keep my house at 60 degrees.

For a comparison, under stock cooling the recent rig I just build is running around 50c with no OC. That's with an R5 1600 in 68f ambient. My 7700k stock under custom water with 2 360 rads runs around 42c max load and idles around 34c. The software is trying to say with air cooling your chip (which those are known to run warm) is running what I'd assume is ambient temp or colder in a hot state. Idk about you, but I'm not buying it. I'd say if it's running fine ignore it for now.

Yea, that 15c was when I first turned it on but now, it's idling around 23c and my computer is running better than it was so i do think it's a lot cooler than it was. Is their a way to check it to see if the temp is actually what it says?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Yea, that 15c was when I first turned it on but now, it's idling around 23c and my computer is running better than it was so i do think it's a lot cooler than it was. Is their a way to check it to see if the temp is actually what it says?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
Well going from overheating to proper temps would yield a proper working processor. In the previous condition the temp probe might have been messed up.

You can try coretemp, but if the probe is actually messed up inside the processor all software including the bios will yield the same results it puts off.

Back
Top Bottom