Connection Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

goblinsoblin

Solid State Member
The computer im on right now is connected to the comcast(time warner) motorola cable modem. I have another comuter that only has 2 usb ports, but no DSL socket. The cable modem has a dsl wire connecter and a usb connector, which i have bothe wires. i was wondering if there is any way i can hook both computers up to the modem, at the same time, both connected to the internet. the only thing is that the computer without internet right now wont detect the connection of the internet. it has the motorola cable modem on the hardware list, it just cant detect a connection. so does anyone know how to make this work?

The computer im on right now is connected to the comcast(time warner) motorola cable modem. I have another comuter that only has 2 usb ports, but no DSL socket. The cable modem has a dsl wire connecter and a usb connector, which i have bothe wires. i was wondering if there is any way i can hook both computers up to the modem, at the same time, both connected to the internet. the only thing is that the computer without internet right now wont detect the connection of the internet. it has the motorola cable modem on the hardware list, it just cant detect a connection. so does anyone know how to make this work?

Turn everything off including the computers and the modem. Then connect everything, turn on the modem and let it boot up, then turn on the computer with the USB connected, then the other computer.

you can only use one or the other, not both.

Get a router and a NIC card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom