CoD:WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get that much fps on high settings, just get a good card.

Thats the good thing about cod4, its not overly demanding and scales really well in SLI.

its alright saying get a better card, but people aint as rich as some people and cant afford a new card and you could argue people like all the crap off the screen so its easier to see the enemys.

It doesnt take a lot to run, two used 8800GT's for $160 will run the game on max with over 125 fps.

Something tells me that guys who are that dedicated to the game...will throw the bucks down for a good card. Casual gamers would be less reluctant to spend the money for it. Heck im a casual gamer and i still dished out $200 to play it...and im far from rich. Ive tried playing with low settings, and it made it harder for me to get kills.

Good performance can be had now for the price of entry level cards years back.

like i said its personaly preference, some people prefer low graphics and can see more without all the things cluttering your screen up, others like eyecandy, but ive never once saw a good cod4 player using high graphics.

It doesnt take a lot to run, two used 8800GT's for $160 will run the game on max with over 125 fps.

Something tells me that guys who are that dedicated to the game...will throw the bucks down for a good card. Casual gamers would be less reluctant to spend the money for it. Heck im a casual gamer and i still dished out $200 to play it...and im far from rich. Ive tried playing with low settings, and it made it harder for me to get kills.

Good performance can be had now for the price of entry level cards years back.

Actually you have it backwards. The people that are dedicated to the game and are highly competitive don't really care how the game looks, as long as they win. It's not just about FPS, it's also about vision. If you don't know what I mean then try the Yitch 2 or 3 config and you'll see.

like i said its personaly preference, some people prefer low graphics and can see more without all the things cluttering your screen up, others like eyecandy, but ive never once saw a good cod4 player using high graphics.

I never seen a good player using crappy settings either....it really makes the game not so fun to play. I can understand a balance, like 1440x900 with only 2xAA which still looks good but is much easier to run than 1680x1050. But 800x600..eww.

Actually you have it backwards. The people that are dedicated to the game and are highly competitive don't really care how the game looks, as long as they win. It's not just about FPS, it's also about vision. If you don't know what I mean then try the Yitch 2 or 3 config and you'll see.

I dont think so, i mean part of playing on the pc is the fact that you can get the game to look much better than a console. I see so many high end systems nowadays....it really defeats the purpose to cut down all them details and make the game look like crap.

And if theyre doing it to make themselves shoot faster and all that stuff you guys said, then thats pretty cheap. A good player shouldint need to do all those things, just play the game straight.

Rican you remember my friend TAW_Red right?

He plays on all Low at Max Res so that everything looks fake and things stand out, like Guile suits in the grass or sneaking around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom