Chaos Theory and the 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
does anyone know how Splinter Cell Chaos Theory runs on a 6600GT? i want to buy a 6600GT mainly for its shader model 3.0 features. however, in another post someone said somthing about a 6600GT getting crap perfromance on it. does anyone play SC CT, even the demo, and can you use the SM 3.0 effects like parallax mapping? pretty much the only reason i want a 6600GT is because i want to see SCCT in all its glory and no lag.

Yep.. Ive got a 6600gt.. been running splinter cell...

@ 1280x1024.. SM3.0 no AA no AF, rest of the settings on high. im getting about 30FPS... in this game its not so bad as you dont really notice the Low FPS, but if your wanting to see it all beautiful and get nice FPS, a 6800GT would be wiser.. I've tried playin on SM1.1and SM3.0 and quite frankly the only difference i noticed was about a 5 fps increase/decrease...

Oh and also, sadly to say I'm quite unimpressed with the game. For some people, obvioulsy it is great.. but I think other than the visuals, the game doesnt have much going for it.. Got very bored 5minutes in.

Yeah the game is fun, but not all that, expisally since when someone shoots at me my sound gets messed up and I have to quit the game (easy thing, dont be shot)

My 6600GT runs it full out fine

Hmm.. Totally full?? run fraps n let me know what ur getting.. it might be that I've only got 512 ram at the moment.

VIII said:
Hmm.. Totally full?? run fraps n let me know what ur getting.. it might be that I've only got 512 ram at the moment.

Ok will do, even though fraps likes to cause memory errors :/ Yet my memory is fine

doesn't fraps also suck up crazy amounts of fps. one of my friends ran fraps during max payne 2 and his fps went from 30 to sub 10.

Its ATI cards that suck on SC : CT - and they can't even run it maxed out, not even the X850XT P.E. With a 6600 GT or 6800 GT, you will be more than fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom