SC3 Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenNcheese

In Runtime
I hate having to shovel out the disk to play a game cos a) im too lazy and b) for some reason im paranoid i am going to break it (which i have done to some games - sat on them and the like). Anyway i went and bought Splinter Cell 3 and upon trying to create a copy it didnt have the copy protection settings for DVD's. So i tried to find a crack on the net and all i found was a mini DVD image which said to put the image in a virtual drive on alcohol or the like and then disable the other CD drives. So i did and SC gives the following error:
"Please insert the Splinter Cell Chaos Theory DVD into another DVD drive and click Retry"
Does anyone know where to get a no-cd or how to copy the dvd. And yes before i get all the "if u just borrowed it from a friend its illegal etc..." i bought the game and own it.

I have yet to find any no-cd fixes, so i just gave up and have used the DVD since. i think we're stuck.

Heyyo,

Yes DJ, many people have problems authenticating their licences. At least for other ubisoft titles they fixed this with a special setup.exe you could download.

Now, Ubisoft has a new very special copyright protection called something like "stardust" which they use on all their new titles. SC3 is one of the firsts I think. As you can see, it's extremely elaborate, and no one has figured out how to crack it. So? remember, buffer that dvd after every use man. Try n' keep it from scratching.

yea no - cd cracks reant there yet and prolly never will that is some protection they got goin on but i didnt like the game so i never baught it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom