Cannot Display a Certain Webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
I'm having a problem with viewing a certain webpage in IE7. All other webpages work, except for this one. It's www.newegg.com if you would like to know. The page I get when I try to go there is:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address. "

I tried using Opera and FireFox as well, and I can view the pages, but I am not able to log-in to the site. I also tried it on my other computer (which is running Windows 2000, and IE6). It did not load on there either. I tried resetting my router and my modem, and it still did not work.

The computer I'm on right now is running Win. XP Home, and is connected wirelessly through a Linksys router.

My ISP recently switched to a PPPoE connection and sent out a new modem, and I was wondering if that could be a cause of the problem? Or is there something I could try/change that may be the cause? The site worked fine before they switched out the modems, however. I also had a friend go to the site, and it worked fine for him.

Thanks for any help you can give me, I really appreciate it.

Like I said... I tried it in FireFox and Opera as well, and I can view the webpages, but I am unable to log-in to the site.

Wow.. Do I feel dumb...

Turns out all I had to do was clear my Temp Internet Files/Cookies -.-

This can be locked now, if needed.

Scratch that last post of mine... It's still doing it. I was able to navigate the site after I deleted my temp files/cookies... but now its doing it again. I tried re-installing IE, and that didn't work. What could be the problem?

This may be a longshot, but could you have some malware that is spamming their site and they shut down?

Or even malware period?

Nope, malware is not the case. I frequently scan my computer for viruses/ad-ware, and do not turn up anything except for my cookies for that day. The site works anywhere else, just not on my PC.

I called my ISP, and even they're not sure. It may be a port being blocked on my new modem. I may just have to try to log-in to my modem, and see if I can change this comp to 'de-militarized.' Hopefully I can figure it out. Either that, or I may have to have them re-send a modem, or buy a whole different modem completely?

Does anybody know any good modem brands that I should look into if that's the case? They have to be able to connect to PPPoE, however. I currently have a 'Zhone' (which was supplied to me by my ISP).

The first time you deleted your cookies, you could access the page, then a little while later, you couldnt again?
I dont think its a problem with your browser. Malware sounds just as unlikley. It "SOUNDS" like its a problem with the way your temp/cookie managemet is managed. Just a shot in the dark tho.

Yes, that's how it happened.

I thought that's what it was too at first, but how could I go to every other site that stores my passwors (like forums), and any other secure site? I'm thinkin that its just a problem with my modem itself (still need to check to see if a port is blocked or somethin).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom