Burning of the Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderate patriotism is needed, but too much patriotism will lead to situations like the Roman Empire and Nazi Germany. I am all for patriotism, but not to that extent.

Re: Re: Burning of the Flag

Harper said:
Mind you, I don't think we are going to see FBI agents running over to Europe or the Middle East or where ever just to arrest the next guy we see burning an American Flag Television.

They can't! lol.. It's only illegal if it happens on US soil.. Whatever happens in other countries is governed by their own laws and international laws..

I think "banning" this is just gonna be the beginning of something unholy.. Even though there are people opposed to it (a lot of people), I doubt anyone will hold a "rally" re: the need to burn the flag..

But, if the senate does this, the next thing might be making it illegal to burn a picture of the president :rolleyes:.. Perhaps, one problem at a time?.. I dunno.. You give up on one, and its easy for u to lose the next battle also.

Freedom to express myself does not mean I can play "loud music" at 2 AM so that my neighbors can't go to sleep.. Similarly, it's up to the law makers to determine how "far" our "freedom" can go.. But, in this case, I think the US is taking a step backwards..

There's a difference between Patriotism and Nationalism. Patriotism is when you love your country. Nationalism is when you think your country is better than everybody else's.
And they had better not make it illegal to burn pictures of Bush! I love doing that! :p

TheMajor said:
Who cares? I wouldn't care if people burn the Dutch flag. I am against patriotism :)

Theres a difference between being a patriot and being a royal dumb ***.

Nationalism and religion cause wars. If we could all just learn not to care, we'd be okay.

However, I cannot learn not to care about flag burnings. So, I'm going to beat down whoever does it, and get away with it, because I'm a US Soldier, and its in my contract. ^_^ So keep those flags a-wavin up high, or I'll getcha.

FadingTheory said:
However, I cannot learn not to care about flag burnings. So, I'm going to beat down whoever does it, and get away with i

Good luck to ya buddy.. Say hi to Lynddie England for me :p.. lol

btw, what would u do when u are in deployed in Iraq, and u see one of the locals burning a US flag down? :)

jorsoft03 said:
And they had better not make it illegal to burn pictures of Bush! I love doing that! :p
Personally, I enjoy putting thumb tacks into his eyes on his pictures. :D

ok im not gonna read all this but im gonna put it plain and simple. Nobody is gonna care if they make it illegal to burn a flag. If they want to they will its that simple. I hate this country, GOV, and everythign about it, but i still put up w/ its laws ya? I dont go around burning flags. Pplp who do that are stupid and want to advertise what they are trying to "stand" for. well i say put a c*ock up their ass and tell them to behave. they are just being stupid and nobody thinks they are cool or are standing up for what they believe in. they are just making asses out of themselves.

Harper said:
Personally, I enjoy putting thumb tacks into his eyes on his pictures. :D
I also have the classic Bush Dart Board, which is fun for the whole family :)

EDIT: FadingTheory, you seem to be anti-war, yet you're joining the army! All armies are instruments of war, especially ours. So why are you joining?

Who cares it a piece of cloth!

is it just in the movies or do Americans all really have a flag out side their house?

jorsoft03 said:
So why are you joining?

Yeah.. that's a good question.. Not like "fighting for ones country" is a good reason.. b/c what's happening in Iraq is a mockery and has nothing to do with fighting for ones country..

I guess if he manages to get stationed in Afganistan its ok.. At least trying to find Osama is justified..

Simon said:
is it just in the movies or do Americans all really have a flag out side their house?

LOLL! That's funny man..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom