Building a Computer Guide*Lots of Pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
GuitarFreak1857 said:
did your PSU come with that wire sleeved?? and with the connectors also?

NO i wired them all by myself, took me like 10 hours :p

Just kidding, it was wired when i bought it :D.

I think you could clean it up a bit myself. Dirty cable management.

i fixed some stuff up, it actually looks clean, but once i recieve my money from you cough, im probaly goign to buy a new psu and actually try to stuff some wires behind stuff and stuff like that.

ooo very nice guide. im getting some of the same components for my new computer as you did, and im using the same case and hdd too

that looks like way too much thermal paste on the CPU....and major said he figured to add more! It spreads out quite a bit major...that right there is way more than I'd ever put on there.

I literally do the size of a bb and after the heatsink is smashed on it, it spreads almost to the edges...that looks like it'd spill out over the side

I have a Palomino so I don't have a huge surface like more recent CPU's. My AC5 doesn't spill over the edges at all and I use about the same amount shown in the pic above.

I don't see how thats possible...the amount shown there is already spilling over in terms of the size of a socket A CPU die.....muchless when you put weight over it.

When I put it on my XP-M...it looks like the die has been painted silver...I got a nice flat thin coat of AS5 on it.

First time seeing those pics Pz....nice job buddy!....an entertaining read...i am currently doing some upgrades of my own and will put those pics to shame when im done. This ocz modstream has taken away all the wiring BS from other power supplies....gonna be swwweeet...!

Pretty cool guide. I think the pics make it a lot easier to understand then describing everything, but it is pretty basic stuff.

Nubius said:
I literally do the size of a bb and after the heatsink is smashed on it, it spreads almost to the edges...that looks like it'd spill out over the side

when you put the HS on it, it just spreads out? do you have to pivot the HS to spread the AS5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom