Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
only by using a proxy, and that doesn't always work.

but if you wanted to connect directly to the internet, you can't hide your IP. web servers have to know your IP if they're gonna send you a web page.

if you're that worried, just look around for what you think a good firewall is.
personally, I use my wireless router as my firewall. being a hardware firewall, it works well.

Proxy.

I'm too lazy to really explain everything, get a proxy program [or use the option you get in the I.E./ firefox for proxy servers]

Google for public proxy servers, look for a good one on high speed and low MS latency, use its properties, bam you'r behidn a proxy.

have fun.

-Jo

STEELERGLENN said:
hey guys i need a way to block anyone from seeing or getting my ip address is that possible?

You can use proxy servers, which allows you virtually full internet functionality.

Or you can just spoof packets :) However this wont work with TCP really, but you could theroretically intercept TCP packets and inject them with the info you want. These method's are extremely advanced and wont get you anywhere really.

Honestly, there isn't much point in trying... if someone REALLY wants your IP address, they will find out what it is...

Best thing to do is use a router for NAT, and give your computers a PRIVATE IP ADDRESS.... the PUBLIC IP ADDRESS will be on the Router's WAN interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom