Bleh, am I the only one who doesn't know why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sui

Daemon Poster
Hey does anyone know why gigabyte places the front panel audio connectors on the far side about half way up on the motherboard? Every gigabyte board I've seen has them there, and I just don't get the reasoning. It makes wire management a pain in your front panel is hooked up. Even if they were to place them on the top of the MB it would be a shorter distance. If its a cost thing then why not just ditch them entirely? Every time I look at a gigabyte board it bugs me, I mean WTF is the point of that?

Just about all motherboard are like that.
The only ones that have have been different for me was
1x Intel Micro BTX Board
The few branded (Dell, Compaq, HP) PCs that I surviced.

As for why the front panel is on the back of the board......
Because it's just is!

It makes it easier for GIGABYTE to place it right next to the external audio hookups.
They don't care about "wire management".

16bn9.jpg

Its just gigabyte thats in love with that location, and I get that its easier but why bother with even having them? Most cases don't have a f_panel cable long enough to reach without stretching right over chipsets and laying on top of the video card. I'd rather pay more for a board that has them well placed.

Sui said:
Its just gigabyte thats in love with that location, and I get that its easier but why bother with even having them? Most cases don't have a f_panel cable long enough to reach without stretching right over chipsets and laying on top of the video card.
I use gigabyte motherboards 90% of the time, and I have never had that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom