Black Ops 2 multiplayer topic

Omoplata

Golden Master
I wanted to start a seperate thread to discuss builds, strategy etc for Black Ops 2 multiplayer. There seems to be a lot of discussion on what we like and don't like. What builds do you use that you find success with? Also, feel free to share any tips and tricks you may have picked up.

Right now I have the most success with SMGs. Specifically the MP7 and the PDW. Once I get the Scorpion I am sure I will like that as well because I have picked it up a few times and thought it performed well. I feel that with the small maps and frantic pace being able to hip fire and have quicker ADS is more important to the extended range assault rifles provide. For both of these weapons, and assault rifles for that matter, I use a silencer and reflex sights. I also love the 870 shotgun on the really tight maps with the long barrel and a reflex sight. That thing is a monster once you get used to it.

For perks I again focus on the fact that most skirmishes are close range, so I use Lightweight and Dexterirty. You would think Toughness would be helpful as well, but usually not flinching as much while being shot means nothing because once a bullet hits you it is pretty much the end anyway. Scavenger is a great perk too, but not as important in this title in my opinion because there are other weapons all over the ground and in general you will die before you run out of ammo. I use UAV, Hellstorm and Stealth chopper and rarely have an issue with ammo even when I am getting close to the chopper.

For equipment, it sounds crazy, but I use a bouncing betty (sometimes 2) on practically every class. I find them more reliable than grenades for getting kills and I carry a flashbang if I want to toss one into a room being camped anyway. Nothing is better than being a kill away from a killstreak and having a +100 pop up on your screen from the betty you threw down 2 minutes ago.

That's what works for me so far. What about you?

i use the mp7 with a silencer and fmj on the smaller maps, ghost, hardline, the faster aiming one, no secondary weapon and a bunch of perks

on the larger maps im a fan of the m27, i use fmj with it and have a few set ups depending on how my aim is that day, i always run ghost though

scorestreaks- uav, care package, warthog(i change this one alot)

I usually stick with assault rifles and smg I like he smgs since they fire fast but like the assault rifles for power and distance for those long range encounters. Other than that I still trying ti figure out what I like so I been switching it up. I dont think I have tried any shotguns yet though maybe I will on that boat mapp

Your build is going to be dependant on three things:

- Your play style
- The game mode
- The map you're on

Pretty much the only things I play are Search & Destroy, and Hardcore TDM. I focus on those game modes for two reasons: one, because that's what most of my CoD friends play anyway, and two, because it fits my play style like a glove. On occasion, you get the frantic guy that runs around aimlessly, but he's usually the cannon fodder of the match in doing so. Instead, both of these game types are more of a slower, "thinking man's" type of play. The other thing that I enjoy about these two particular modes is that the custom classes I create are almost identical and don't require much tweaking when switching from one mode to the other.

For the most part, I have been having success with assault rifles. The two that I use the most are the SWAT and the FAL, simply because they are great at long range and are steady when firing. When in close quarters, you can always equip the attachment that allows you to switch between single/burst fire to full automatic. Betty's/claymores are also good choices in defending, however, understand that most people equip engineer and can see them from a mile away. Regardless, even though you may not earn very many kills, they do act as great alarms to let you know when someone is in that general area.

I'm at work so obviously I can't view my class builds from here, but I'll try to go off of pure memory and list a few:

---------------------------------------------

Search & Destroy 1:
Weapon: FAL (red dot sight)
Secondary: Crossbow

Perk 1: Hardline
Perk 2: Cold Blooded
Perk 3: Ninja + Engineer (allowed with greed on perk 3)

Lethal: Betty x2

Search & Destroy 2:
Weapon: SWAT (red dot sight & burst/auto switch)
Secondary: Crossbow

Lethal: Betty

Hardcore TDM 1:
Weapon: FAL (red dot sight)
Secondary: DSR (overkill allows this)

Lethal: Frag

Hardcore TDM 2:
Weapon: SWAT (red dot sight & burst/auto switch)
Secondary: DSR (overkill allows this)

I may end up switching hardline with ghost at 55 but I'm not sure yet. You also don't really need the full auto switch on the FAL because the thing packs a serious punch.

Either way, these setups work well for me in these two game modes most of the time, however, in the occasional match where the entire team constantly rushes then I have another build with things like marathon with a shotgun and an SMG.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that I use Hardline, but will switch it out for Ghost at 55 as well. The FAL is a two shot gun (meaning 2 shots to kill someone) at close and medium range even on regular TDM. I never even thought about putting Alt fire on it. That could be insane with Scavenger and extended mags. Wow...I need to look into that.

Thanks for the info Edge!

I forgot to mention that I use Hardline, but will switch it out for Ghost at 55 as well. The FAL is a two shot gun (meaning 2 shots to kill someone) at close and medium range even on regular TDM. I never even thought about putting Alt fire on it. That could be insane with Scavenger and extended mags. Wow...I need to look into that.

Thanks for the info Edge!

No problem. It's deadly accurate and a one shot kill in hardcore, but in core as you had mentioned, it's still really stong. That alt fire combo you brought up might work really well. I think I might scrap one of the SWAT classes and see how well that works out instead.

So, I discovered something pretty cool this weekend. If you have used the bouncing betties, you may have noticed that you can toss them a pretty good distance from you when planting them. Most people use them to protect a flag or room, but you can effectively use them as grenades. Tilt the camera up a bit and you can throw them further than you would think possible. You can even throw them through 2nd story windows above you. I call it frisbee-ing lol. It works awesome. I highly recommend trying it.

Back
Top Bottom