BF2 Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan1784

In Runtime
Can someone explain how to use the headset in BF2??? I know how to use my headset but when I do I never get a response from anyone nor do I hear anyone.

Do you have to be in squads to do this? I join a squad as soon as I jump in a game and still cannot communicate other than the predefined methods of "I spotted an enemy sniper" type of messages.

One server has a teamspeak ip address... Do I have to do something with that???

Teamspeak is a whole 'nuther subject.

To use ingame VOIP, the server has to have it activated. Not all of them do. The servers with the headset icon in the listing means they are VOIP. Since I seldom use VOIP, I am rusty on which keys it uses.

Here's a quote from TweakGuides:
Voice Over IP: If you want to use Voice Over IP (VOIP), tick the Enable box. VOIP allows you to use a microphone hooked to your computer and your headphones to speak to and hear conversations with other Battlefield 2 players on the same server who are logged into the VOIP network. Note that enabling VOIP can introduce more lag into your game due to the CPU overhead, and the additional bandwidth used - so untick the Enable box if you don't use VOIP. Using VOIP in BF2 during a game involves pressing your talk button first (default is B for squad, V for Commander) then talking into your microphone.

b is for your squad, v is for your commander if you are the squad leader. make sure you join a squad. thats the only way you will be able to hear them.

My old computer was weird, didnt like VOIP.

I had to, Dxdiag > sound > lower hardware acceleration to medium or low. And it worked perfectly

Right-click on a squad in the command screen. You'll get a popup menu of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom