BCIT tech program

Status
Not open for further replies.

tako

Beta member
Hi anyone got any ideas about BCIT's Computer Systems Technology (CST) program???

Is it worth it?? ... i got accepted in, but i don't know if i should go or not!

It also has the option to go on to a degree of technology.

I dunno..gimme advice!! thanks!!

I've not heard of BCIT?

Do some research on the school, as to how it compares to others. Talk to the teachers/students/etc.

Interview employers to see what they think.
Just do some invistigation and I'm sure you can find the answer

good luck

Hey Tako, are you going into the program in the fall. I'm doing the Computer Systems and Network Fundamentals program. It was either that or the Network Professional program at the downtown campus but that costs 15K. The bottom line is if you go to BCIT you will have a job at the end of it. Graduate opportunities are highest for BCIT grads, as opposed to community colleges or even SFU, UBC.

Tako - Actually this program is really good one. Please go ahead and pursue it.

Please note: If you put your mind in focus mode for just two years completing this program with work experience and B+ (75%) overall grade, then you won't have any trouble find a good job with starting salary $35K-40K.

When you get to choose courses, choose the ones which are related to network programming, server administration and database design.

If you do well in the program - you will feel many doors open for you. I mean, you can apply for a better degree in Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) at UWaterloo or UVictoria. That will take only additional 2 years.

I want you to jump into this program and do well. Participate in BCIT's co-op program and find at least 2 different work terms with progressive companies.

After finishing this program - work for 1 year and then apply for futhers studies. PLEASE SAVE MONEY ALWAYS FOR YOUR OWN NEEDS.

Good lucks.
Shivan
Good luck with your

tako said:
Hi anyone got any ideas about BCIT's Computer Systems Technology (CST) program???

Is it worth it?? ... i got accepted in, but i don't know if i should go or not!

It also has the option to go on to a degree of technology.

I dunno..gimme advice!! thanks!!

he's just rying to push it:amazed: lol j/k he probably has a family member that took this cource.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom