Audio only when earphones plugged in (Laptop)

ArjunMane

Solid State Member
As the title says i can only hear the audio on my laptop when earphones are plugged in and not from the speaker

But a strange fact is that when i play a video on movies and tv i can hear audio from my speakers

I think it's a audio driver issue because before the problem i tried updating the audio drivers and now i am facing this issue

Realtek(R)audio driver If it switch to the generic Microsoft driver (high definition audio) the speakers start to work but the audio quality is pretty bad

Any help to solve this will become appreciated

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    107.5 KB · Views: 1
If all of this is correct, what was written above, there is no doubt that you have incorrect or faulty drivers.
Since you seem to have Realtek Driver installed, you need to be very aware of what you are doing and whether you still need to update it. If you don't know or don't understand what you're doing, you better not update. Of course, if the current driver is working properly.
Updating drivers is not like replacing underwear, so if a new one comes, you have to replace it. Do not have to! A driver is a piece of software that connects a device to your OP system, and there is only two possibilities that connection only is or does not exist. There are no intermediate variants.
There have been problems with Realtek drivers for at least 10 years, and you should be very aware of updating them, so it's not a good idea to just try them if you already have a working driver. In general, nothing gets better, you are usually in the situation you are in right now. Usually is result the same like before, but often it is so that there is no more no sound at all.
If possible, go back to this version that worked and do not update until you know that the newer version is just the right that works in your system.

If all of this is correct, what was written above, there is no doubt that you have incorrect or faulty drivers.
Since you seem to have Realtek Driver installed, you need to be very aware of what you are doing and whether you still need to update it. If you don't know or don't understand what you're doing, you better not update. Of course, if the current driver is working properly.
Updating drivers is not like replacing underwear, so if a new one comes, you have to replace it. Do not have to! A driver is a piece of software that connects a device to your OP system, and there is only two possibilities that connection only is or does not exist. There are no intermediate variants.
There have been problems with Realtek drivers for at least 10 years, and you should be very aware of updating them, so it's not a good idea to just try them if you already have a working driver. In general, nothing gets better, you are usually in the situation you are in right now. Usually is result the same like before, but often it is so that there is no more no sound at all.
If possible, go back to this version that worked and do not update until you know that the newer version is just the right that works in your system.
Thank u for replying!!
Just to mention,
I earlier had a different problem regarding my laptop and someone asked me to update the audio driver, although i didn't know how to exactly update a driver i did some tweaking with the driver.
And after that i think i came across the issue.

Also i tried to roll back the driver but the issue persisted.

Back
Top Bottom