ARRGGG another RMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I just got the last piece for a build and the customer wants it ASAP. and when I went to install windows I got that dreaded blue screen:confused: so I started the whole trouble shooting routine checking ram and all connections and even tried the ram from another pc to see if it worked, but nothing!!! then I noticed a humming noise coming from the HD, so I put a old 30 gig in I had lying around and what do you know..... windows installed no problem DOH out of the last 4 WD hard drives 2 of them have been RMAed (this is the 4th WD HD) mine was the first to die but mine waited a few weeks to die:freak: but this one was DOA... Sending this back is cutting into my profits DOH Ok rant over. This is the one going into the mail tomorrow. Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE WD3200AAJS 320GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Dauntae

Seagate are supposed to be more reliable, but not by a huge amount. Just bad luck i think mate. But if you want to change the 7200.11 Seagates are almost as fast.

from my experience i like the western digital better, the seagate 320gb 7200.10 i had was actually quite noisy compared to my new 320g wd. but out of all the hard drives ive have inckluding customer, none have died on me yet.

I've always liked WD and have had good luck with many others but this particular size is a 50/50 for good ones so far.... I guess i have bad luck on this one LOL had a long night that ended with the blue screen of death so it didn't have me in the best of moods. I talked to customer and he's going to take it with a extra 80 gig I had until his comes back from the RMA. What can I do, stuff happens:umm: Now I have to go neaten up some wires and load some programs.

Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom