Amazing Global Warming Video - All Sides Considered...

Status
Not open for further replies.
THAT'S MY EXACT POINT... Why is such a HUGE portion missing in the blink of an eye, when it should take thousands of years? (my goodness!)
i never said melting of ice caps should take thousands of years. i said warming and cooling periods last this long. like you said, we've only witnessed an eye's blink's worth of climate history. you simply cannot draw CONCLUSIONS from it. we can speculate and theorize all we want but i will stress it again. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. even a decade from now we have no idea.

And yet, I can still breathe fine.

At sea level i'd certainly hope so... considering you breathe out CO2 right in front of your face and the oxygen level is rich. It's not going to kill you, but if we continue to increase the carbon in the air, it could have many other adverse affects on health and even the weather before you choke and die.

Melting... That's just the arctic. The Antarctic is much much larger.
only a small portion of antarctica is melting. it is actually GAINING ice mass in some areas with average temperatures DROPPING. in fact, global warming is projected to cause more precipitation over antarctica, further increasing its mass

i never said melting of ice caps should take thousands of years. i said warming and cooling periods last this long. like you said, we've only witnessed an eye's blink's worth of climate history. you simply cannot draw CONCLUSIONS from it. we can speculate and theorize all we want but i will stress it again. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. even a decade from now we have no idea.

Then why are "the nerdiest people on the planet" saying something is very very wrong? What allows them to draw such conclusions from the same blatant evidence?

Moving... Where are you going to put the 8 million people from NYC/Long Island? Can America even survive without NYC? How about FL?
Yes, America can survive without them. They may not like not having them, but they can survive it.
And who says I (or any other individual) have to put them somewhere? People are capable of moving by themselves.
You're talking about maaaaassive displacement. IDC how long it takes, that's a big challenge.
You're still assuming that it's actually going to happen, without any evidence...

Melting... That's just the arctic. The Antarctic is much much larger.
And hasn't seen the huge melting effect that supposedly should have happened.

I'll again reiterate what I've said earlier:
1. nobody has any real evidence to suggest that people are causing the tehmerature to change.
2. nobody has any real evidence to suggest that civilisation is somehow doomed because of a rise in temperature.

Humans have, in the past, seen higher highs, and lower lows in temperature.
Then why are "the nerdiest people on the planet" saying something is very very wrong? What allows them to draw such conclusions from the same blatant evidence?
Show some statistics please.
Yes, some scientists believe that global warming is human-caused. Not all, and not most.

THAT's the question you need to be asking yourself. instead of blindly following them because they're nerdy, ask yourself HOW they can come up with such bold predictions when we can't even accurately forecast a hurricane. this blatant evidence you speak of is blatant yes, but it is only evidence of increased temperatures, nothing more.

THAT's the question you need to be asking yourself. instead of blindly following them because they're nerdy, ask yourself HOW they can come up with such bold predictions when we can't even accurately forecast a hurricane. this blatant evidence you speak of is blatant yes, but it is only evidence of increased temperatures, nothing more.
exactly. And it is ignorant to think that a change in temperature by a few degrees is automatically a bad thing.

The Earth's temperature isn't constant. It will rise sometimes, and it will fall sometimes. Right now, it's just happening to rise.

A lot of people were saying, about 50 years ago, that we were going to enter another ice age.

“Greenhouse gases are accumulating in Earth's atmosphere as a result of human activities, causing surface air temperatures and subsurface ocean temperatures to rise. Temperatures are, in fact, rising.” (NAS Report, p. 1)

“It is not implausible that solar irradiance has been a significant driver of climate during part of the industrial era, as suggested by several modeling studies.” (emphasis added) (NAS Report, p. 14)

Also, US report backs study on global warming - earth - 23 June 2006 - New Scientist Tech

“Greenhouse gases are accumulating in Earth's atmosphere as a result of human activities, causing surface air temperatures and subsurface ocean temperatures to rise. Temperatures are, in fact, rising.” (NAS Report, p. 1)
Which they've done countless times in the past. And CO2 has not been demonstrated to cause this.

“It is not implausible that solar irradiance has been a significant driver of climate during part of the industrial era, as suggested by several modeling studies.” (emphasis added) (NAS Report, p. 14)

Also, US report backs study on global warming - earth - 23 June 2006 - New Scientist Tech
Yes, the temperature is higher now than it was before.
Which isn't necessarily a problem.

People trading the share market make the same mistakes of people trying to predict global temperature.

Shares go up sometimes, and they go down sometimes. Some might go sideways for a while, but it doesn't stay like that forever.
A lot of traders will just buy shares because the price is moving up right now.
Yes, that share price might rise for a while.......

until it doesn't.

Also, computer models. Some people have made computer models trying to predict global temperatures.

One of the big problems is what assumptions they start off with.
They automatically assume to begin with that rises in CO2 will cause rises in temperature.
If you make a program with that assumption, then that program is going to tell you that the temperature will rise when more CO2 is introduced. Big surprise there!

But computer simulations can only reflect reality if all the assumptions are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom