All Posters Should Read

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm just sick of how people dont know how to type. We each have the things we are annoyed about, but we dont need to be so condascending and instigative. Ya dig? We are civilized, I was stating. You turned it into a pissing contest, of which there was no need for.

There is no IM generation or Text message generation, all that translates into making todays youth look even more idiotic and ignorant than it's already become. I already hate the fact some people type 'Teh' instead of the throughout a whole paragraph. Ignorance shouldn't be celebrated and it sure as hell isn't a 'language to learn'

lmao, him.. No need to bite me nuts off.. You've got your pet peeve which is bad typing/grammar... and I've got mine...........!

Nubius said:
I already hate the fact some people type 'Teh' instead of the throughout a whole paragraph.
Using it through teh whole paragraph is wrong, but using it has become a classic, like uber and l337.

Of course, you know where the real "Teh" comes from, right? You can't be an online FPS gamer and not know.

Nubius said:
I already hate the fact some people type 'Teh' instead of the throughout a whole paragraph.
Using it through teh whole paragraph is wrong, but using it has become a classic, like uber and l337.

Of course, you know where the real "Teh" comes from, right? You can't be an online FPS gamer and not know.

I know, I flipped out on a few people. Aplogies all around. Bad mood yesterday, mix it with vodka and VIOLA! Recipe for anger.

I type 'Teh' alot, but not on purpose. It's just I type fast, and sometimes I tend to hit the E before the H. It happens. I do it with alot of words, hit one letter before the other when it should be ther other way around. Some things cant be helped, but in that case of things I am making a concious decision to fix that.

The only time 'Teh' is acceptable is when you don't ever use it and you are playing an online FPS and say something like

YOU ARE TEH SUCK

I AM TEH NUBIOSO

then it becomes a little more funny, but when people sit there and write TEH whole paragraph using TEH incorrect grammer over TEH dumbest thing like the word TEH, then I want to kill TEH fool :p

BTW, the 20-25 year olds are not the IM generation. The IM generation are those waiting to be 20-25. The kids in high-school and junior high, heck, even younger than that!...All of them have cell phones, and there's a nice thick scattering of blackberries, PDA's, and all that teletype junk. They can't go 5 minutes without sending or checking their messeges.

Back on topic: No one's expecting anyone to be a grammar Nazi. That's a bit too much. What we do expect is that you at least show some effort. You can't tell me that the period key is just so much more of a hassle to hit than any other key. Give me a break. Yer not relaxing, yer just being overly lazy! If you want me (and others) to take you seriously, or more, to even UNDERSTAND you, then you should write your posts with a little more care. It doesn't take any effort at all.

the thing that drives me nuts is to, too, two.. it is amazing how many native English speakers (mostly Americans - no offence) don't seem to have been taught this at school. The amount of people i see who type things like "to much" or "I don't know what two do" is rediculous.. it makes both me and baby jesus cry!

Btw for anyone who hasn't been taught this properly:

to: In a direction toward so as to reach, Toward, Reaching as far as, To the extent or degree of, With the resultant condition of

eg. I went to the shops. I turned to her. I could see all the way to the mountains. I was shocked to silence. I beat him to death.

too: In addition, excessively, To a regrettable degree, extremely/immensely.

eg. I want to come too. I ate too much. My error was all too aparent. I would be only too willing to do so.

two: the number 2

eg, I ate two apples.

this is very simple and fundamental English and the fact that so many people cannot tell the difference really worries me about the state of modern education!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom