(All OS's) VirtualBox Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
Figured I'd plop this in Windows software, since VirtualBox could really apply to anybody... question about it...

When you create a virtual machine, you have to mount the ISO image to the CD drive in the settings. Boot, install, etc.

Is it typically a good idea that, after you install the virtual machine, you untag the ISO image from the CD drive so it doesn't attempt to boot to that install ISO each time? Or should I leave it?

I like messing around with much older operating systems on VirtualBox, and it seems like some of them think I'm trying to run a new install each time so it keeps launching the ISO that I installed it with.

Well normally i do unmount it so that it does stop trying to install everytime. Find it is easier and faster to get to the OS of choice if it doesnt try to run through the installer first everytime.

I had ME installed virtually and I find is I unmount it, I get a fatal boot error. If I mount it, it just hangs anyway.

I assume it's due to ME, well, sucking. I'm running 98 virtually just fine without issues.

I just wasn't sure if my practice of unmounting it was necessary or required or what.

Try changing the boot order for that certain VirtualOS. Settings - System - In the boot order, highlight Hard disk, and move all the way to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom