ACE Worth getting on CV/Résumé ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I've taken a very strong liking to Adobe Photoshop, and discovered you could take a test to get an Adobe Certification of Excellence for one or more Adobe products.

I would really like to do this and get it on my CV a few years down the line after i've had many 1000's of hours practice on photoshop ;) But, it costs $150 to take. Reckon it would be worth it ?

Depends.... if you are going into a job where knowing a little bit about photo shop, it will look good. However if you are going for a job where it's design work, the photo shop qualifications are really going to be second to actual work that you have done.

Not sure in your country or situation whether you can claim this on your tax as an educational expence.

Well, i would be looking into the computing/programming/game design type area most likely. I'm pretty certain i will end up doing some kind of computer based job, whether it be programming or designing.

Never heard of claiming on educational expenses..

Well, i would be looking into the computing/programming/game design type area most likely. I'm pretty certain i will end up doing some kind of computer based job, whether it be programming or designing.

Then it might be some thing that would look good on a resume.

I have a freind of mine that it in japan that works game designing. Lot of the work that he does is designing creatures and monster for various computer games. It's hard work. And don't be surpised if you get a lot of knock backs with what ever project that you are working on. However did managed to get a japanese transformer toy created based on one of his designs.

As cousin was in a simulare area too. Again she's commented that it hard work. Where her manager will ask for one creature, she would normally work on at least 2 as she know that her boss will knock one of them back.

Never heard of claiming on educational expenses..
Not sure what your situation is, but down here in australia, I can claim $500 towards educational expenses provided that it's going toward my job.

Yeh, i realised it's a lot of hard work doing game programming / designing. But i enjoy programming and designing, and i'm sure it would be quite a rewarding job.

But yeh, i think i'll definitely look into taking it now.

Thanks.

We get ALG or EMA instead oreo if your in fulltime education after the age of 16. I think there is an education grant for people who attend part time courses which actively help them become more employable however I haven't looked into it as that doesn't apply to my situation.

EMA is only for households with income less than £30,000 a year :mad:

What about Job seekers allowance, could i get that when over 18 ?

Yes but the keyword there is job seekers allowance you have to be registeresd with a government approved job agency although saying that with the economy as it is atm it wouldn't be hard to duck under the radar for a while with the allowance. You should research this though go to your mayors office and ask what you could get or your local job agency although they are all suppose to be lackies last I heard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom