A Double Edge Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
Hosting & Domain Hosting on Go Daddy

Alright, here we go:

The Plan:
My mother is new to the internet, as far as webdesign and everything that deals with a website. Right now Iam going to register a .info at a cheap .99cents a year. This is for her online buiesness and she wanted a domain for her customers to visit her site quickly with very little hassle. She also wants a design on the page, blah blah blah.

The confusion:
On godaddy, there are several plans that are making it extremely hard to discriminate against what I need to actually pay for and what it is I need to add to the cart. Iam more or less used to the 'free webhosting' type of sites. Its insane at the prices up front, i quoted her around 14 bucks for everything when the subtotal is around 100 dollars to actually get it started. So, I want to know, do i need webhosting with my domain or does it come automatically. Exactly how much space am i looking at with the domain that i buy? Can i add HTML pages to the domain that i buy? If not, do i need hosting for the domain name itself? Where do i go for domain hosting? How much is it for a rough estimate?

I'm not sure where you saw 100$.

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosting/shared.asp?ci=260

The economy plan would be more than you would ever need, and it's very cheap.

If you buy that hosting, you will have 5GB of space to do anything you want with it. The domain you buy will point towards this disk space.

Basically, you buy blank space...then upload what you want for a website. You will either need to code your own website, or you will need to upload some sort of software (there's a lot to choose from, just google it).

Hope I helped.

big help, now, what i meant by the actual '100' dollars or so, is, when i accept the economy plan or what ever. It charges me up front for the entire four or six months. but that's all i really needed to know, is if there was some space for me to move around in, now i need to find out where it is and how to edit/upload to that space correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom