25 Worst Websites, MYSPACE WINS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
PHONEBOOK

um, my friends are all in college or just graduated college, so they don't live at home. And I would have to know their PARENTS' names to find that phone number anyways. do i know their parents' names? no.

myspace is easier

Beefcake said:
Your friends use myspace? Wow, you need to get new friends.

I don't think you're in any position to make any judgement whatsoever about my friends.

Let's see, from your profile, interests: Gaming, history, computers, original DOOM :confused: :confused:

Maybe it's YOU that needs new friends or maybe some friends, period.

I was thinking about joining myspace when I first heard about it after a few of my friends made one (don't worry I already scolded them for it). But then I saw how sad myspace was. People would actually have "conversations" using myspace comments. They would just keep hitting F5 over and over till they got a response. I found a few from my school, they were talking about other kids and I thought why the **** don't they just talk on the phone or hang out? This has nothing to do with the stereotype that they are emos.

molsen said:
[BLet's see, from your profile, interests: Gaming, history, computers, original DOOM :confused: :confused:

Maybe it's YOU that needs new friends or maybe some friends, period. [/B]

And what does that actually have to do with friends? Because I play games where I actually ****ing TALK TO MY FRIENDS (teamspeak anyone?)!? We have real conversations just like over the phone. And the friends that are far away, guess what? It's called VOICE CHAT! Just because I like history does that mean I don't have friends?

Do you actually suggest that I have to put "friends" under my interests? It is one of the unnamed interests that everybody has. Sorry, I'm not going to become a pathetic loser, and even if emos and losers tried I bet they could get friends. But they are too busy hating and cutting themselves to try.

Now I have to go because I am actually going over to hang out with a friend and have a REAL friendship.

Beefcake said:
I was thinking about joining myspace when I first heard about it after a few of my friends made one (don't worry I already scolded them for it). But then I saw how sad myspace was. People would actually have "conversations" using myspace comments. They would just keep hitting F5 over and over till they got a response. I found a few from my school, they were talking about other kids and I thought why the **** don't they just talk on the phone or hang out? This has nothing to do with the stereotype that they are emos.

And what does that actually have to do with friends? Because I play games where I actually ****ing TALK TO MY FRIENDS (teamspeak anyone?)!? We have real conversations just like over the phone. And the friends that are far away, guess what? It's called VOICE CHAT! Just because I like history does that mean I don't have friends?

Do you actually suggest that I have to put "friends" under my interests? It is one of the unnamed interests that everybody has. Sorry, I'm not going to become a pathetic loser, and even if emos and losers tried I bet they could get friends. But they are too busy hating and cutting themselves to try.

Now I have to go because I am actually going over to hang out with a friend and have a REAL friendship.

Oooh teamspeak! so much cooler.

Beefcake said:

exactly... just like myspace has nothing to do with me or my friends. you insult my friends, i'll insult you. i don't have any emo friends nor am I emo. if you actually spent any time on myspace you'd see that it's not all emo kids anymore. it used to be, yes, but not anymore.

myspace is also an excellent FREE outlet for my band. we can share our music, announce shows, and get contact information from other bands, venues, and other people in the business.

you think that because i visit myspace.com a couple times a week i don't have any life outside of it? you're disillusioned, closed-minded, and just trying to be cool by hopping on the "myspace sucks" bandwagon. that is all.

molsen said:
if you actually spent any time on myspace you'd see that it's not all emo kids anymore. it used to be, yes, but not anymore.

Most of the people still have no lives and way too many live off of the comments on their stupid pictures.

This thread has gone downhill really fast.

yes myspace is good for bands, I admit even we have a crappy little site with some of our music and upcoming venues (hah) for our small local fanbase. Even then though myspace tries to weasel through things, a few months ago they had some fine print in their TOS that tried to claim that all music uploaded to myspace became the property of myspace (although they have since removed that)

Using myspace for "personal" space though and trying to meet new people or keep in touch with friends is ridiculous though. Thankfully I don't even know the login info for "our" space. For example, I'm looking at ours right now and someone is asking our drummer if he has any ganja to sell. STUPID

how is it ridiculous for keeping in touch with friends? it would be impossible to find some people otherwise. i already said why a phonebook is useless.

maybe the teenagers on myspace are retarded, but there are mature people on myspace. and when you get to be in your 20's and gone through college, your friends are spread all over the place. you can't just ride your bike down the street and knock on the door and ask someone to come out and play.

i understand that some people have had retarded experiences with myspace, and that's fine if they don't want to use it.

I don't have comment conversations with it. i don't try to buy weed with it. i don't gossip with it. i don't look for new e-friends with it.

however, i've had great success in promoting my band, reconnecting with friends i thought i'd never see again, and finding new music. to insult me and say that's ridiculous and that i need new friends because of it is closed-minded and rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom