1337 Opinions Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care less what the poeple at XS say abotu Corsair - They do everything I ask of them and if I could crank out more volts they could handle more.

I would take G. Skill over OCZ in a second, but people say OCZ does alright. So I'm sure either of the three will do you perfectly fine.

Remember, i need 1,337 opinions before I can make this decision. :p

Get Nubius in here, although I personally wouldn't base my buying decisions on his opinions, he is knowledgable so I would take his knowledge into consideration. He is one person I would trust when teaching me OC'ing tricks.

Like I said, I wouldn't base a decision entirely on Nubius, but I would take his opinions into consideration as well as Alex or any other good OC'er here.

I dig. I'm just not going to take someones opinion when they tell me NOT to take the opinion from a worthwhile source such as XS. If that is the case, than that person really has no idea what they are talking anout.

He hates Corsair because everyone over at XS hates Corsair, but that is enough reason for me to hate Corsair as well.
I don't dislike corsair solely because of XS members...that basically just confirmed it once I started learning about it and read about things like this:

http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=53

Regardless of XS, once you do reading on heavy OC's you will NEVER find Corsair among that list....the only time you see corsair is basically everytime theres a review on graphics cards or a CPU or something they always have "1gb of Corsair XMS" ram in there, sometimes 2, but it's never with insane OC's...

Anywho, at first I looked at that RAM and thought 2.5-3-3!? What crap! Then I noticed it said DDR500 and it made much more sense considering your goal here :p

I know mushkin just released some RAM to compete with the OCZ VX line that apparently did really well meaning like 2-2-2 timings up at 270MHz, however, the VX line is their VOLTAGE EXTREME and this mushkin RAM is there to compete with it.....that means it will take nothing less than like 3.2-3.3v at all times...and to hit those really high speeds you'd need 3.6-3.7 and a fan blowing on your RAM, no exceptions.

That OCZ RAM says DDR500 at 2.8v which is pretty dang low....you gotta figure you should be able to hit near 300 as long as they are indeed good quality sticks if you put upwards of 3.2v max through them and probably timings like 3-3-3-8 or so but that'd be some nice bandwidth.

Either way lately OCZ has been putting out some really good stuff....be it platrev2's, VX line, and I believe their gold line was doing really well.......all in all for that price I don't think you're going to get too much better, but hey that's just one nubioso's opinion :D

That one nubioso's opinion has been highly regarded and heeded.

So you think i should totally go with the sticks at the beggining? Cooling is not a problem, I will do whatever is needed to keepo my system as cool as possible. I dont know if i said it, but I ordered the OCZ DDR Booster as well, so that will deliver some nice power to my sticks, and allot me a nice high and stable OC!

be careful with that booster....theres a lot of horror stories involved with it too, but I know oppainter at XS a really reveared OC'er is using one and I believe has a nice stable 24/7 OC....basically I've heard of people frying a RAM slot or taken a stick with it as well :p

http://www.xtremesystems.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=4

theres the review on the Mushkins I was talking about.....haven't checked prices though......

But you know for a fact those RAM sticks you linked will run 250MHz at 2.5-3-3- with only 2.8v.......that's what makes me really think you should be able to get near 300 with like 3.2v or so through them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom