10 Essential Free Vista Media Center Addons & Tweaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I've had a lot of fun customizing Windows Vista Media Center over the last couple of days. Here are the best 10 free tweaks and addons I've found for VMC that will allow you to get so much more out of your Windows Media Center.

• My Movies 2: A free addon that automatically adds new movies that you add to your PC to your Windows Media Center library. It also downloads information about your movies from the My Movies WebService, including genre, actor, movie reviews and other information. More info
    192069ee-0837-4c5d-9983-d91f9ad11122-01.png
  • Vista Codec Packs: This codec pack is the only one you will need to install on your Vista PC. Not only does it support nearly every format known to man, there are no messy configuration screens. If you are a 32 bit user you just need to install the 32 bit version. If you are a 64 bit OS user then you need to install the 32 bit version AND the 64 bit version.
    vcp.jpg
  • Remove annoying ‘Sample Music/Sample Videos/Sample Photos folders': The annoying sample folders that Vista Media Center adds as a default, just refuse to die no matter how many times you say to 'stop watching'. Unless, you follow these instructions. More info
  • Add Amazing Visualizations: Media Center visualizations suck - here's one that doesn't. More info
  • Show DVD Library: In VMC the DVD Gallery is not enabled by default like in Windows XP Media Center. A quick registry fix will take care of this problem. More info
Yougle: This great app allows you to watch Youtube, Google Video, DivX Stage 6, Daily Motion and WWITV videos within VMC. More info
Open Media Only: Got a big screen and you want to open VMC in full screen mode? Learn how to startup Vista Media Center In Media Only Mode. More info
Add Custom Strips: MC Menu Customizer lets you add your own custom icon strips to Media Center, or extra buttons to existing strips. More info
Mce Weather: shows weather for your region on your TV or PC. The plugin provides data from all over the world (many locations can be shown, please just try if your next larger city can be found by the program). It shows the forecast for the next days and also shows you a satellite image of your country. More info
My Netflix: Watch Netflix videos including ‘watch now' streaming facility More info

10 Essential Free Vista Media Center Addons & Tweaks | One Tip A Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom