Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I suck at math, too. Those 2 years of CompSci were hell.. It's not that I can't do math, it just takes me longer than most people. Which is why I went into language.

This was a common mistake between all. Thing is, Intel said a long time ago that Ivy Bridge was going to have their newest 3D tech in it and because of this means a lower leak design. It can't handle the volts as well as SB used for these higher up OCs making SB cheaper and better for us lower budget gamers. I think Ivy would be a better bet for anybody that can afford it to run stock.

I find myself wishing I lived across the pond and wishing I had the money for a 680. I want this white 680 and a white board put in a white 600T!!

[snippedysnip]

Hangon a few days ago you were telling me a 680 wasn't worth it and you were considering down grading from a 580 to a 560ti ?

That is one hot looking board though.

Why are people so stupid. People always complain about bad AI in games. Guess what, all games have bad AI. It's just that they range from bad to very bad. It is an almost impossibly difficult thing to program even if you assume to have massive computational power, which on PC's and especially consoles you do not have.

o_O

I realised something since owning my gtx 680. I thought it would alleviate any concerns of not being able to play games on maximum settings. It has infact had quite the opposite effect, I now play new games with hesitation that it will be the first game I play to make my FPS drop below 30 on highest. And then I see new videos like the one for Cryengine SDK 3.4 with all these new DX11 features, and just think "Crysis 3 is going to need a better card than this, by the time Crysis 3 is released, my card will suck". Technically I have actually found a game that on occassion is unplayable at maximum settings. Rise of Flight with 8x AA on and everything else at max dipped towards the 20fps mark for about 10 seconds during a dogfight I had earlier. Apart from that it was pretty smooth.

Anyone that hasn't seen that Cryengine 3.4 SDK video by the way needs to check it out, it's impressive.

Back
Top Bottom