Potentially the longest thread in history...

Yeah, Metro's great for stuff with touchscreens. Otherwise, it's sickeningly awful. I agree that if MS can make it optional for non-touchscreens (or even if you have a touchscreen), then Win8 is a sure buy for me, mostly because of the extra features like XBL integration and integrated .iso reader.
.ISO reader???? *eye twitches* Oh god. No Daemon and deal with Metro (or wait for people who disabled it) or have one less program to install to ease my OCD a bit more.

oh-god-why.jpg

Still gonna skip 8 and stick with 7. Did the same with XP and sometimes I wish XP had DX10/11 support.

Samsung just unveiled a new 4.6" 720p Super AMOLED HD+ display that is all but guaranteed to be used in the Galaxy S3. In addition to having an RGB subpixel layout instead of Pentile like the Nexus it's also supposed to have reduced power consumption.
Right now I'm agonising over the wait for the GS3. It's likely to be announced on 3rd May or whenever it was Samsung called that conference.
It's really going to have to impress me if they want me to buy one, since I really love my GS2 - it just works so well. It would at least need to have:
- that screen
- NFC capability
- 32GB storage

Plus I'd really like a camera button.

.ISO reader???? *eye twitches* Oh god. No Daemon and deal with Metro (or wait for people who disabled it) or have one less program to install to ease my OCD a bit more.
My thoughts exactly :)

It's so much faster than DaemonTools/PowerISO, too. Just right-click on an image, click Mount, and it's done. Instantly.

Right now I'm agonising over the wait for the GS3. It's likely to be announced on 3rd May or whenever it was Samsung called that conference.
It's really going to have to impress me if they want me to buy one, since I really love my GS2 - it just works so well. It would at least need to have:
- that screen
- NFC capability
- 32GB storage

If you get the S3 what will you do with your s2? I really want a Samsung galaxy but I still have a one year and a half contract left so don't want to buy a brand new phone. Would you sell it to me?

Edit: scratch that, I wont have enough money. I doubt my mum will want to buy it for me either.

Well, I don't like these AMOLED screens really. PSV screen impressed me initially and then it quickly wore off and I found myself preferring normal LCD. I hope Apple don't go AMOLED.

- that screen
- NFC capability
- 32GB storage

I'm in the same position, my S2 is pretty much perfect so it will take more than usual for me to upgrade. Although my brother does have an available update so if the S3 is really good I could see if he wants my S2 then use his upgrade.

I actually do have NFC on my S2 but I don't think any of the devs have it working at the moment.

Well, I don't like these AMOLED screens really. PSV screen impressed me initially and then it quickly wore off and I found myself preferring normal LCD. I hope Apple don't go AMOLED.

Does the Vita actually have a Samsung Super Amoled display or is it AU Optronics?

Back
Top Bottom