Darik Boot Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DummyTron

In Runtime
OMGosh!

I have been up 2 hours trying to boot from CD that has the Darik Boot and Nuke program. Every time I put the CD i get Boot Failed.

I dont have nero so I have tried redownloading Darik program of CNET, the original site, and some other one and tried burining them with IsoBuster, IsoRecorder, ImgBurn; every freakin time I boot my computer it says Boot failed from the Cd/dvd drives.

Any clues as to why? Anyone have a working link of the program? Does Vista have anythign to do with it ?

I have thrown away about 8 copies of boot failed. Im thinking of installing a floppy drive to my PC and boot from there, but would like to avoid the hastle, so your help would be much appreciated.

Frustration to the max.

Have you tried KillDisk rather than DBAN? Are you sure you got a good download? Is your burner burning it correctly (as in, is your burner going bad).

I would agree with Carnage. The DBan download is corrupt and not complete.

You are probably right about Darik but KillDisk did allow me to boot to a FreeDos screen and then it did nothing at all, any other suggestions ?

Anyone have an uncorrupt copyof Darik ?

Alright, Im guessing it might of been my actualy drive that is bad or something in the BIOS setting that is not set properly for the reason that I get Boot Failed. I just tried burning Darik on my brothers Vista PC and he was able to boot from the CD. Also I tried the other seven CD's that I burned on my PC and they actually work on his. Any suggestions or ideas?

Any good diagnostic software ?

Is the Optical drive seen by your BIOS? That is the first step. If not you need to find out why. If it is then it is something else. Cause you would nto get a boto fail if you can see the Optical Drive.

Yeah I can choose to boot from CD/DVD drive and it appears on the list in the BIOS...I am going to check out if the motherboard has given these issues before.

Is the drive very old? It could be that the laser is going bad, but is still detected by BIOS. I'd suggest trying to take out the burner in your brother's PC, and put it in yours and see if it works. Could also try putting your burner in his machine, since you know it worked with his drive.

Ok well here is the update, I had finals so I had no time to mess around with computers. I purchased a new drive and I still get a boot failed. I am now going to try the my brothers burner to see if it makes a difference or not and try what you suggested of trying my burner on his PC.

Ok I tried my brothers burner; and that did not work either. It seems to me it probably is the motherboard then. I still get boot failed. Any suggestions ?

Well you could try a different cable first, before you try to replace your motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom