SSD Help

oCourage

Beta member
About 2 years ago, my SSD went. It's a Kingston 120GB. I use to click shut down then just turn the plug off. After a while my SSD wouldn't boot. Any way I could fix it? Thanks

How many charge cycles do you have and how full is the SSD? How long have you had the SSD for? SSD's have a tendency to crash without warning whereas HDD's have a tendency to give warning by slowdown etc

About 2 years ago, my SSD went. It's a Kingston 120GB. I use to click shut down then just turn the plug off. After a while my SSD wouldn't boot. Any way I could fix it? Thanks
What it means - won't boot? You must get some error message or something should freeze for example on boot screen or sometimes even the You can see only black screen.
So, if You think, something is wrong with the SSD, should be possible to boot from CD/DVD or from USB or from card etc. Have You tried?
Also try, if You can enter the BIOS and if this is possible, try some Linux live CD/DVD/USB, then it should run. But if even then not, the reason is not SSD, but something else.

PS No further recommendations can be made to you if you have not published your computer data. We do not even know if it's a desktop, laptop, or anything else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom