New Engineering System

fatmanC2H5OH

Beta member
So I am in the market for a new personal computer that needs to meet some specific criteria but I'm not sure what exactly I need for hardware. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1) Three monitors that can rotate between portrait and landscape independently of each other
2) Powerful enough to run complex SolidWorks or AutoCAD designs without being glitchy or laggy
3) Power up and shut down in 5 seconds or less

I am not computer illiterate but i am not currently up to date on what's available. if anyone can help me with how much a system like this would cost that would be great. Thanks

It can cost an arm and a leg because for engineering the sky is the limit under super computers and servers. We'll need you to set a budget you're comfortable with before proceeding with parts.

Also 5 seconds or less is a bit of a stretch even with NVMe SSDs. Some boards you can't fast boot past post directly into Windows. Mine takes about 20 with fastboot on and a PCI-E SSD.

I guess 5 seconds is a bit optimistic, but start up and shutdown times are very important to me so the quicker the better. I don't need the best of the best either, I really can't afford to spend anymore then $2000 out the door. I don't need speakers or a keyboard or anything just the tower and the three screens.

Back
Top Bottom