Is it possible to hack a cell phone?

Goblin1986

Baseband Member
Hey people, who can answer to such question, is it possible to hack a cell phone knowing only its number and the name and some points of its owner personal information? I am asking it because I do have some issues to ask! Thank =s beforehand!

Not the phone itself but the account that the phone is on, definitely :tongue:

Don't give out your real number (services like Google Voice let you route your phone # through their services and it shows up as your Google Voice number), use 2 factor authentication on your account(s), watch where you install apps from and check their permissions, etc.

Yes....your cell phone is being hacked.
Big Brother is hacking your cell phone
Michigan's police department have been using handheld gadgets called "extraction devices" for nearly three years now, which can take every lick of data from a mobile phone. The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Michigan claims that these DEDs (data extraction devices) are being used to secretly copy cell phone data during routine traffic stops.

Read more: Cops Can Hack Your Cell Phone - Business Insider

Don't forget about Stingrays that FBI are allowed to use without a warrant in public places.
your phone sitting in your personal car should not be considered public access, it is a violation of search and seizure laws currently on the books....but who can enforce them?

your phone sitting in your personal car should not be considered public access, it is a violation of search and seizure laws currently on the books....but who can enforce them?

I don't think the FBI are going to be pulling traffic stops.

This is the article I was referencing:
HARDOCP - FBI: Warrants Not Needed To Use Stingrays In Public Places

For example, we understand that the FBI's new policy requires FBI agents to obtain a search warrant whenever a cell-site simulator is used as part of a FBI investigation or operation, unless one of several exceptions apply, including (among others): (1) cases that pose an imminent danger to public safety, (2) cases that involve a fugitive, or (3) cases in which the technology is used in public places or other locations at which the FBI deems there is no reasonable expectation of privacy.

back to the OP's subject.
If the local cops have these DED devices, you can bet that they exist on the black market too.
So yes, your cell phone is very vulnerable to being hacked at any time

You can put hacking software on phones such as blackberrys which gives the attacker full access to the phone at any time without any sign of activity, however you can do a factory reset which wipes the hidden software... so I always do a factory reset on certain phones which can be hacked if I purchase them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom