Cannot erase Galaxy S4 backup, PLEASE HELP!

x-ray_eyez5779

Beta member
I have a strange problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 w/ Cricket that works perfectly, for the most part. However, when I open my "Gallery" to view my camera pictures and pics I have downloaded, there is a folder labeled as "Auto Backup" filled w/ 342 pics, most of which are rubbish that I want to delete. Problem is the trash icon that normally appears to delete pics (or even the entire album) is not available/does not appear for this album or any of the pics in it. I do have Dropbox, Google Drive, and Google+ accounts, but the pics I want to delete do not appear in these drives/folders.... THEY ONLY APPEAR ON MY PHONE AND IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! I have no idea how to get rid of this album or any of the pics in it. The phone does give me the option to "download" the pics, but the download ALWAYS fails. Please help!!!!!

Are you able to view what directory they're stored on?

Long press one of the pictures in your gallery and if there's a "Propeties" or "Details" option, then tap that. Should be a directory or location listed there.

If it does, then you should be able to download a File Manager app (I use ES File Explorer), and you can browse to the directory you saw in the gallery app and delete the photos and/or folder that way.

Pics' "Details" only gives title, date, size, & orientation. "Settings" lists my gmail account for some reason, but i've searched through my google drive and google+ account and can't find these pics. The problem is that these pics only appear on my phone, that's what's driving me friggin' nuts!

Download the app QuickPic (it's an alternate photo gallery) and open that. See if it shows your files there; if so, see if you can delete them from QuickPic. If not, you should be able to view the file path by tapping one, press your menu button, and then go to Details and it should show the file path.

Back
Top Bottom