Myspace Private Profile Picture Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Myspace we got a problem, a huge one that is. You might have heard about the vulnerability that allowed anyone to view pictures that have been set to private at Myspace ? You might have also heard that the vulnerability got fixed pretty fast by Myspace. Unfortunately though not fast enough because someone was able to run an automated script that leeched the pictures of more than 44000 private profiles before the security hole was fixed.
And those pictures, with a zipped size of more than 17 Gigabyte, made their way to a very famous torrent site, named The Pirate Bay. It has been uploaded on January 20th to the website and is currently having six seeders and more than a thousand leecher who download the package.
If you want it search for tribalwar at The Pirate Bay and you will find it. The story has not been posted on big news sites yet but it will surely pick up speed once more blogs report about this. This once again confirms my position of not posting pictures and other personal information on the Internet..

Myspace Private Profile Picture Leak : Welcome To Tech-Dump

I don't get why people set their pictures as private?
It's on the internet, end of, who cares who views em?

i for one dont care...at the least someone has a few pics of me ripping a bong or bubbler.. i find that funneh. idk why anyone would spend time to steal a bunch of random pictures, youd have to be pretty worthless eh?

Unless the pictures have a name attached or some other useful info it is worthless for anything else than providing a few giggles, I wonder how many people are seriously worried about this.

Dont post it on the internet if you dont want people to see it. :p

it's probably riddled with viruses and spyware. Anyways I'm sure they did it because people do upload pictures of them self that aren't exactly PG-13 and I'm assuming the people who did it and the people who want to download it are looking for those types of pics.

Seriosly though, to me MySpace is the biggest load of poorly coded s**t you've ever seen. And why you would want to upload pictures then set em to private is also ... i must be missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom