10 troubles

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
so i just upgraded my windows 8.1 computer to windows 10. one of the first things i tried was mincraft, to see if it would work properly. and it would not. there was a pop up window saying that the launcher could not be updated. i fully expected to see a couple of posts about this when i came here, but there is nothing i see. is there an known issue i need to know about, or am i the only one having this trouble?

What version of Minecraft are you currently running?

Have you tried backing up the .minecraft folder in AppData and deleting it (or at least renaming it to ".minecraft.old" or something) and then re-downloading the files through the launcher?

without actually opening minecraft, i could not tell you for certain. but i have been playing it fairly often (a couple times a week) so it should be current. / as far as re downloading, the launcher will not launch, but i did not think about just re downloading the game. i will give that a try.

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition isn't the same thing as the full game. It's basically a port of Minecraft Pocket Edition with a few more features.

Sent from my HTC One

I didn't have any issues with minecraft when I upgraded to windows 10. Did you install your graphics drivers? Did you install java? Did you try using another launcher like FTB?

Are you playing the Windows 10 beta? If so I feel sorry for you. I would try and restore your mc folders but keep your saves.

I didn't have any issues with minecraft when I upgraded to windows 10. Did you install your graphics drivers? Did you install java? Did you try using another launcher like FTB?
i have not installed any new drivers that did not come with windows 10 or the windows 10 minecraft upgrade. i do not know about a launcher "FTB" . as a matter of fact, i am really unsure about this whole install. it does work, as i have been playing it. but when i launch, it launches as minecraft 1.6.48 . which then moves to 1.8.9 . which freezes the screen for about 10 seconds before it loads. /// well, doing some digging there is a windows 10 beta (xbox) on my computer. but it is not functional. apparently what i thought was 10 was the regular old minecraft. when i try to move the courser onto the screen to select boxes, it just disappears. so i could not play it even if i wanted to.

i have not installed any new drivers that did not come with windows 10 or the windows 10 minecraft upgrade.
Would highly suggest manually downloading the chipset, GPU, network, sound, etc. drivers from each component manufacturers' website so that you have the latest drivers. Default drivers that come installed with Windows (whether it's Win10, 8, 7, etc.) can be outdated fairly quickly and sometimes not stable anymore.

I can say neither I nor my wife have had any issues with Win10 and Minecraft, as we've both been playing just fine for the past 2 weeks every night.

I would suggest backing up the worlds and game files under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft

Backup that folder and copy it somewhere safe. Then remove / uninstall Minecraft entirely. Reinstall it, and once done then try to open up the game and generate a new world. If it works fine, then restore the items under the "save" folder from the backup you made and see if it loads. If it loads...then it was a messed up install. If it doesn't load, then it was a corrupted world and he'll have to start over.

i do not know about a launcher "FTB" . as a matter of fact, i am really unsure about this whole install. it does work, as i have been playing it. but when i launch, it launches as minecraft 1.6.48 . which then moves to 1.8.9 . which freezes the screen for about 10 seconds before it loads. ///
The 1.6.48 is just the Launcher version. When you click Play Game, it loads v1.8.9 which is the actual Minecraft game version. The launcher and game are separate, so they can be updated independently of one another.

Would highly suggest manually downloading the chipset, GPU, network, sound, etc. drivers from each component manufacturers' website so that you have the latest drivers.

i have not ever done that. so by that do you mean from my computer manufacturer (Lenovo), or from the motherboard, gpu, chipset, sound etc manufacturer seperately? i think the video system is an integrated intel chipset. but i will have to look up all the specs for my laptop to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom