VR Crew

Oculus said they wern't interested in mid life upgrades and would wait to deliver something genuinely meaningful, but who knows, companies say one thing and do another all the time. I'd buy a Rift Pro but i'd want more resolution than the Vive Pro gives, and I wouldn't want to pay more than the original Rift RRP either.

Didn't HTC/Valve say the same thing? Yet here we are. I think it's a kneejerk reaction to mixed reality headsets. Of which I purchased one, just for S&G's.

Didn't HTC/Valve say the same thing? Yet here we are. I think it's a kneejerk reaction to mixed reality headsets. Of which I purchased one, just for S&G's.

Supposed to be not too bad, but problem is Rift is basically the same price now and still better. The only real advantage is the inside-out tracking so easier setup and no occlusion issues when you turn away from the sensors like Rift.

Did you see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=189&v=h3-JDq_G3vo

Locomotion is the biggest issue in VR for me. I want to play huge open world games without teleporting. This is far from perfect, but might still be the best idea/implementation i've seen...

The Rift is 400, vs me paying 225 for the Dell Visor.

They have other locomotion implementations now that don't require money. Standout has a jog in place solution which when running down the side of a large hill made me feel sick as ****. Skyrim uses the touch controls which feels completely unnatural. I still prefer the Raw Data implementation so far.

The Rift is 400, vs me paying 225 for the Dell Visor.

They have other locomotion implementations now that don't require money. Standout has a jog in place solution which when running down the side of a large hill made me feel sick as ****. Skyrim uses the touch controls which feels completely unnatural. I still prefer the Raw Data implementation so far.

I've gotten used to full locomotion such as in Fallout 4 VR.. and From Other Suns locomotion is really good. A unique locomotion was the wizards tower thing - orginally it was just a stand still and play with potions but then they did an update and it has some fighting and sword play. You literally pump your hands faster to run faster its unique.

I've gotten used to full locomotion such as in Fallout 4 VR.. and From Other Suns locomotion is really good. A unique locomotion was the wizards tower thing - orginally it was just a stand still and play with potions but then they did an update and it has some fighting and sword play. You literally pump your hands faster to run faster its unique.
That sounds just like what's in the video he posted. Speaking of all this, my Dell headset just arrived.

Tested my Dell Visor a bit and I really like it. The concept is super comfortable on the face and head.

How're you finding it after a few days of use ?

How is the inside out tracking ?
Lenses / Screen ?
What games are supported ?

I have to admit they are quite an attractive price point, and a much easier setup than competitors.

How're you finding it after a few days of use ?

How is the inside out tracking ?
Lenses / Screen ?
What games are supported ?

I have to admit they are quite an attractive price point, and a much easier setup than competitors.

Can't really give an honest opinion yet honestly. I've only played on a couple games with spotty support and both games hud elements weren't where they needed to be. Lenses I like better than the Vive no doubt. They can't be hardware adjusted, but I absolutely hate those rings on the Vive. The screen also doesn't give off a glare on the lenses. Screen as far as res, it's not bad. Because of a more universal support (like using glasses) there's more of a tunnel vision but it's not bad. So admittedly it's more of a looking through an old school gas mask effect but after playing a while I don't notice it.

So far the 4 people that have tried it the very first thing out of their mouth is "this is way more comfortable and the flip up is nice". Because the headband is engineered to mimic the Hololens the face portion doesn't actually put pressure on your face for support. The minute I put the VIve on I have discomfort because it's completely sucking up my face. The Visor I put on and I'm like yea I could play this for a while.

Bout all I can say so far really. Short cable and sensor positioning is kinda meh but like for racing and other sit down experiences without the controllers it's great which is what I bought it for. I personally feel a sensor or two should have been placed on the bottom of the HMD facing outward for better hand tracking.

Can't really give an honest opinion yet honestly. I've only played on a couple games with spotty support and both games hud elements weren't where they needed to be. Lenses I like better than the Vive no doubt. They can't be hardware adjusted, but I absolutely hate those rings on the Vive. The screen also doesn't give off a glare on the lenses. Screen as far as res, it's not bad. Because of a more universal support (like using glasses) there's more of a tunnel vision but it's not bad. So admittedly it's more of a looking through an old school gas mask effect but after playing a while I don't notice it.

So far the 4 people that have tried it the very first thing out of their mouth is "this is way more comfortable and the flip up is nice". Because the headband is engineered to mimic the Hololens the face portion doesn't actually put pressure on your face for support. The minute I put the VIve on I have discomfort because it's completely sucking up my face. The Visor I put on and I'm like yea I could play this for a while.

Bout all I can say so far really. Short cable and sensor positioning is kinda meh but like for racing and other sit down experiences without the controllers it's great which is what I bought it for. I personally feel a sensor or two should have been placed on the bottom of the HMD facing outward for better hand tracking.

Sounds decent then. From what I can tell they are not selling too well though, which means we probably won't see Microsoft push too hard for new versions of the WMR headsets. I hope that is not the case, the more competition Oculus and HTC have the better.

I am still wondering what happened to the LG SteamVR headset with the higher res displays and flip up design. I am hoping they are waiting a little longer to use the displays Google announced that they had designed with LG.

Back
Top Bottom