Why is World of Warcraft so good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MyKnifeForAiur said:
Lol and what rpg is better than WoW and for what reason?

Diablo is. It requires MUCH less time to get a good char and dueling is much more fun and requires a fair amount of skill.

DarkMortar said:
Hi, lets say my birthday is comming up VERY soon, and I'd like to know if this game is any good, and why?
5.5 Million Players can not be wrong!

DarkMortar said:
How complex is the game, and how much is there to do, it's very important to be complex. Thank you.

It has has an easy lerning curve. With in about 30 minutes, you are well on your way. Unlike MMORPGs where after 30 minutes, you are still trying to work out the rest of your player interface.

The graphics are awsome, and you can run it on a low end video card (My work PC, where I occasionally play WOW, has a Radion 9200 64Mb).

If you are reading type, there is a story behind the quests you are doing. And some of these stories to chain together.

Appart from leveling up professions (not character classes), there is very little repetition in the game. Like I was playing SWG where we (my guild) used to team up and kill the same lot of mobs again and again each night just to lvl up.

The game is well supported by the developers.

There is new content getting added all the time. Unlike other MMORPGs where the only new content gets added with expansions. Blizzard is constantly come up with new high level instances.

If you are interested, I can hook you up with a free 10 day account.

For any 1st time players, I do suggest the following.
1. Don't play a priest for your first character. You will die a lot as they are a support character. They are good for healing other party members, not so for combat or soloing.

2. Try to avoid playing night elves. The problem with night elves is that starting location is very far out of the way from every one else. If you really want to explore the world for allance character, you would need go get to iron forge. And that is one the other side of the world.

3. If you playing on PVP server, do not complain about getting "ganked" while you are in Strangletorn Vale (STV).

5.5 Million Players can not be wrong!

And in World War 2 there were approximately 18 million nazi soldiers...so it's safe to say that just because a large number of people are doing it, it isn't neccesarily right, correct?

dartgande said:
And in World War 2 there were approximately 18 million nazi soldiers...so it's safe to say that just because a large number of people are doing it, it isn't neccesarily right, correct?
Sie werden Welt Von Warcraft spielen! :p

(Just kidding)

I don't really like WoW, its the best MMORPG i've played but that doesn't say much IMO.

Its not involving enough and its often too repetitive; I like my RPGs to be plot focused rather then stat building or gear aquisition.

Its the best in its class but not a game to play unless you have lots of free time that you're willing to consistently pour into playing this game... Why bother? you get better multiplayer gaming from something like CSS or BF2 and you get a much better gaming value for your time from most single player games.

I imagine it would be most fun if you can play online with people you know IRL but I haven't been so fortunate so I can't comment (all my friends are casual gamers at the most, not hardcore like me :D).

My uncle is addicted to this game, when i say addicted I mean addicted, he would stop for a week or two but then get right back on it. He is paying for 2 accounts every month and gets calls from friends who want to play and switcing accounts and ****. He has gained weight from a lack of excercise and has 3 level 60 characters. My Aunt said that he had a dream and woke up looking for a PVP pillow. This is a game that can be Extremely addictive so Im just warning u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom