Use PS3 Controller on the PC with Bluetooth

Put your BT's MAC in the box, right?

I tried that and when I unplug the cable I loose connection
I've been reading the reviews of people who bought this and many said they were unsuccessful.
I went on some forums and many people had success with this one
Amazon.com: Azio BTD-V201 USB Micro Bluetooth Adapter, Class 1, V2.1 + EDR: Computers & Accessories

I'll just return the current one and try that one.
I tried the default drivers when you plug it in and the latest ones online

Attachments

• bt3.jpg
    bt3.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 2
You shouldn't be using MotionInJoy's DS3 Tool at all lol. You should just be using DS3 Tool to manage the controllers. You may be getting conflicts by running both programs at once. You need to set your BT's MAC in the "New Master" in Better DS3's interface.

You shouldn't be using MotionInJoy's DS3 Tool at all lol. You should just be using DS3 Tool to manage the controllers. You may be getting conflicts by running both programs at once. You need to set your BT's MAC in the "New Master" in Better DS3's interface.

I did that and as soon as I unplug the controller it gets disconnected. Tried clicking apply as well
Is there something else I'm supposed to do after setting up the MAC address

Tried it with mine, and BT isn't working with mine either.

Apparently the "Host" box under Bluetooth Pairing should be filled in if it's properly recognizing your BT adapter... it wasn't with mine either (was blank like yours) and couldn't get it to pair wirelessly. Seems to be an adapter issue, or it's not properly using the MIJ driver for the adapter apparently.

This post has instructions on how it should pair:
Support | Better DS3

Here explains the blank host box issue:
Support | Better DS3

A possible solution:
Support | Better DS3

Tried it with mine, and BT isn't working with mine either.

Apparently the "Host" box under Bluetooth Pairing should be filled in if it's properly recognizing your BT adapter... it wasn't with mine either (was blank like yours) and couldn't get it to pair wirelessly. Seems to be an adapter issue, or it's not properly using the MIJ driver for the adapter apparently.

This post has instructions on how it should pair:
Support | Better DS3

Here explains the blank host box issue:
Support | Better DS3

A possible solution:
Support | Better DS3

I spent way too much time on this.
I'm gonna return this one and go for this other 2.1 bt adapter that has had more luck.
Hoping me going with win 8 isn't the cause of this.

Look into getting a "MIJ approved" one or something; one that has a chipset known to work properly with MIJ.

I don't have another BT adapter to test unfortunately. I know I had it working on my laptop when I had my wifi card that had built-in BT (I've since replaced it), and that was with DS3 Tool and on Win8... so I know it's possible.

Finally got it to work with this
Amazon.com: Azio BTD-V201 USB Micro Bluetooth Adapter, Class 1, V2.1 + EDR: Computers & Accessories
It installs like 4 items automatically when you plug it in but does nothing, I even installed the drivers given but that still didn't do anything.
I then went to the DS3 Tools device manager and saw the bt adapter driver, I loaded it and voila.
Opened up the Better DS3 and it showed the host,, I just had to click set and I was all done.
Man what a relief.

Back
Top Bottom