Use PS3 Controller on the PC with Bluetooth

Not sure if it works without; I know it works wired. I'd assume either, because it's just sending the signal either way (if the game supports vibration feedback that is).

Tried the Better DS3 and couldn't get the PS3 Controller to turn on and get a detection.
It would automatically download the driver but then nothing would happen after that.
I ended up having to use the Motionjoy Gamepad tool and add the driver from the driver manager.

Using wired and Windows 8.1 (trying it for the first time with my new ssd)

Tried the Better DS3 and couldn't get the PS3 Controller to turn on and get a detection.
It would automatically download the driver but then nothing would happen after that.
I ended up having to use the Motionjoy Gamepad tool and add the driver from the driver manager.

Using wired and Windows 8.1 (trying it for the first time with my new ssd)

That's what you're supposed to do with Better DS3. You have to install the MotioninJoy DS3 Tool's driver first, and then run Better DS3. Then it should work; that's how I did it on both mine and my fiance's laptops so we can use our PS3 controllers via wired. Both of us are on Win8 (well she's on Win8.1).

Well that DS3 still couldn't recognize it.
So now I have to configure every game individually.
I'll keep trying

What do you mean by configure every game manually?

Does it install the right driver when you plug in your controller?

What do you mean by configure every game manually?

Does it install the right driver when you plug in your controller?

It says that it installs the driver but when I open up the DS3 software I don't see it.
The keys aren't mapped correctly.
I'm gonna play with the settings and see if I can get it to work

Hey guys idk if i'm doing something wrong here.
I can't get it to show on the Better DS3 part
Got my bt adapter installed and it's not showing up.
It works with the cable however idk why it doesn't show up on the Better DS3 software

Attachments

• ps3 pairing.jpg
    ps3 pairing.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 2
  • ps3 bluetooth.PNG
    ps3 bluetooth.PNG
    38.5 KB · Views: 2
Make sure your actual BT adapter is using the Windows BT driver and not trying to register as a Motioninjoy device.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Make sure your actual BT adapter is using the Windows BT driver and not trying to register as a Motioninjoy device.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Finally got the Better DS3 to work,
Downloaded a later version for the tool and started from scratch.
Now I can't figure out the BT part, trying to pair it but nothing is showing up
Nothing happens when I click apply.
Host is blank

Back
Top Bottom