Titanfall

Hehe that's terrible.

I know right? I was out with my GF and held some hope that they may have activated it via Origin for me. Nopes.

Whatever though, I am now downloading it (12.8 GB~).

I have 1 Xbox One code if anyone is interested in trying it or what-not.

Beta ends Sunday sometime.

If anyone has a spare PC beta code let me know. Been trying to get hold of one for days, I think i've used about 6 different email addresses to register my interest at titanfall.com/beta :p Looks like it could be fun.

Been playing a couple of hours, really enjoying it. The hardpoint domination mode is pretty good. Surprised how hectic 6v6 is too.

It's laughable that I run out of VRAM though. It uses like 25% of my GPU, yet happily consumes 3GB VRAM at highest settings. I wonder how much it would take if I had more available.

Last edited:
Yea, it is surprisingly fast paced. I am dominating anyone and everyone while on foot, but I seem to be lacking when it comes to Titans.

After playing for a while, wanted to re-bring this back up:
Yeah but in reality it dilutes the competitive nature of MP if you have a 2 to 1 ratio of bots to human controlled players on a team and the bots are basically just there to rack up easy kills. They defended the high number of bots by claiming they would have solid AI and make battles feel huge and epic. It is like 2/3 combat training and 1/3 MP. Maybe I am alone on island here but it will take away from the frantic pace of MP to have 24 "mindless" players running around.

Your right about the AI being bleh~ and having little no no purpose. Your right in the AI bots outnumbering the actual pilots (players) by what seems like 5:1.

But I still stand that they aren't supposed to be a threat. They really are meant to be farmed by both sides. If anything, I realized another factor after playing and then watching TotalBiscuits thoughts on the beta.

They are also there to fulfill a 'Power Fantasy'. Mecha anime isn't really my thing, but I believe that Pilots are seen as legendary and extremely valuable assets that may be similar to the UNSC Marines seeing a Spartan jump into battle in front of them. I have caught some audio/sayings from the friendly AI as I shot the enemy AI such as:

"Hey, is that a pilot?" "Check it out, its a pilot!"

Anyhow, how does this tie to anime... I mentioned anime because I recall pilots possessing superb abilities compared to the average human in reflexes, thought process and such. In an anime, some pilots would even flaunt their skills in front of soldiers since they were too cocky at times.

But yes, they are meant to be farmed and fulfill a power fantasy.
Without the AI Bots, you would have these mech battles without feeling powered up and it becomes nothing but armor.

Yea, it is surprisingly fast paced. I am dominating anyone and everyone while on foot, but I seem to be lacking when it comes to Titans.

After playing for a while, wanted to re-bring this back up:

Your right about the AI being bleh~ and having little no no purpose. Your right in the AI bots outnumbering the actual pilots (players) by what seems like 5:1.

But I still stand that they aren't supposed to be a threat. They really are meant to be farmed by both sides. If anything, I realized another factor after playing and then watching TotalBiscuits thoughts on the beta.

They are also there to fulfill a 'Power Fantasy'. Mecha anime isn't really my thing, but I believe that Pilots are seen as legendary and extremely valuable assets that may be similar to the UNSC Marines seeing a Spartan jump into battle in front of them. I have caught some audio/sayings from the friendly AI as I shot the enemy AI such as:

"Hey, is that a pilot?" "Check it out, its a pilot!"

Anyhow, how does this tie to anime... I mentioned anime because I recall pilots possessing superb abilities compared to the average human in reflexes, thought process and such. In an anime, some pilots would even flaunt their skills in front of soldiers since they were too cocky at times.

But yes, they are meant to be farmed and fulfill a power fantasy.
Without the AI Bots, you would have these mech battles without feeling powered up and it becomes nothing but armor.

I want this game to be BA. It would be good for some competition to enter the FPS market. I would personally prefer fewer bots and more human controlled characters. Seems a bit arcadey for MP but I am also used to the status quo and would be open to trying something different. Unfortunately I do not have the One and don't trust the 360 version at this point.

6v6 humans with 15v15 bots in every match.

A seriously huge LOL.

I agree. It's a little confusing as to why they skipped the sp campaign given these mp conditions. I just feel that the competitive rush of mp will be gimped by the 30 bots basically being cannon fodder. The player who camps bots is rewarded.

Last edited:
I agree. It's a little condusing as to why they skipped the sp campaign given these mp conditions. I just feel that the competitive rush of mp will be gimped by the 30 bots basically being cannon fodder. The player who camps bots is rewarded.

My buddy who played it on the PC said that's what the game has already turned into. He rarely found a human player because everyone was just focused on killing bots.

Back
Top Bottom