Titanfall

I want this game to be BA. It would be good for some competition to enter the FPS market. I would personally prefer fewer bots and more human controlled characters. Seems a bit arcadey for MP but I am also used to the status quo and would be open to trying something different. Unfortunately I do not have the One and don't trust the 360 version at this point.

There are better games out there if you want it to be competitive...unfortunately I don't really think any of the ones I am thinking of have a presence on consoles.
Arcadey should be expected from the developers who brought you COD:MW since that is also arcadey.

My buddy who played it on the PC said that's what the game has already turned into. He rarely found a human player because everyone was just focused on killing bots.

In Attrition, yea I can see that happening. I only played Attrition on the first day I tried Titanfall. I moved on to Hardpoint after Kman said something about it and it is much improved. I have had no issues finding human players,

I probably will never play Titanfall. But, it just bothers me that developers do 6v6 and say its the best way to play their game and then turnaround and throw 30 bots in there lol.

I probably will never play Titanfall. But, it just bothers me that developers do 6v6 and say its the best way to play their game and then turnaround and throw 30 bots in there lol.

Yeah I call BS. The maps could support 8v8 or 10v10 IMO. I bet it was a performance related decision for consoles.

Yeah I call BS. The maps could support 8v8 or 10v10 IMO. I bet it was a performance related decision for consoles.
More like Source limitations I bet. They have had to heavily modify it to do what it's doing now. Although I personally feel 8v8 or 10v10 probably could have been possible.

Source seems to support as many players as the server can handle in Valve's own game, so I don't see why that would be different for Titanfall.

Source seems to support as many players as the server can handle in Valve's own game, so I don't see why that would be different for Titanfall.
I don't see huge mechs and more elaborate scenes in CS:GO either. Pretty sure it changes the game where engine handling is concerned.

I don't see huge mechs and more elaborate scenes in CS:GO either. Pretty sure it changes the game where engine handling is concerned.

Dunno really. Personally I doubt as to whether it effects the net code much. The game can look as fancy as it wants, it still only needs to send position coordinates and that kind of thing. It could be a 10K polygon model or a 1M polygon model, it's rendered clientside so it has no effect on the network side of things.

Although it's 6v6, there is more going on than a normal 6v6. All those bots and stuff wonderig around need to be synced, and it would be possible to have everyone spawn a titan and it follow them around it automate mode, which would make it 12v12 as far as syncing character location is concerned.

But why track 10 or so AI bots when they could have added 10+ more players instead, if it really was a network code constraint. Perhaps it isn't and it's just a balancing/gameplay decision.

Back
Top Bottom