The New, Hopefully Bug Free Folding@Home Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not see those drivers. The ones they show on the CUDA page are 177.35 which you said caused issues. So i downloaded the CUDA 1.1 drivers. Those should work right?

any chance you can give me the link to those drivers you use? :D

Cheers,
Mak

I should mention that i am on XP not Vista for folding.

Nevermind. Found the 177.79 drivers via Guru3D. Will install those now.

lol, you better not leave team t-f because prvrt ,,,i just noticed, you do well over a quarter of our daily folding.

I am not going anywhere.

I did not see those drivers. The ones they show on the CUDA page are 177.35 which you said caused issues. So i downloaded the CUDA 1.1 drivers. Those should work right?

any chance you can give me the link to those drivers you use? :D

Cheers,
Mak

I should mention that i am on XP not Vista for folding.

No idea about the 1.1 Cuda. Here is the link where I d/l'd the file. Looks like the 177.72 are Vista only. The 177.66 are there for XP as are 177.70 and 177.79. LINK

Thanks prvrt. I probably found them right before you posted them. But thanks for the link. Just ran Driver Cleaner Pro to get rid of my old drivers and about to restart since i installed the new ones.

BRB :p

Cheers,
Mak

lol, you better not leave team t-f because prvrt ,,,i just noticed, you do well over a quarter of our daily folding.

Me and prvrt produce half of the daily ppd alone.

About 40% is done by these users:

jfen07, Phantom118, El_Roberto, jasonalwaysready,
TheRascalKing614, carnagex, cvb754, Trotter

And everyone else is hovering around 1000ppd.

Alright i am about to get irrate.

I had this issue for 2 days now. I had the issue with the 175.19 Drivers where i would only get 275PPD. So i uninstalled those drivers for hte 177.79 drivers. Those did the same exact thing. Now i uninstall those and installed hte 177.35 drivers.

Same thing yet again...

Could i have overworked my GPU already and am starting to kill it? I mean it is only a 8600GT. I got it not that long ago. I would hate to have destroyed it already. I dont have the funds to replace it anytime soon. I would really, really hate to have to put in my old vanilla 6800 back in.

Ideas?? I am running out of them.

I was running the CPU client with it. But i ran that with it thru the Beta with no issues. I will check now if just running the GPU picks up some speed.

Mak, are you running the System Client or the Console client? You may try uninstalling the one and d/l the other and see if that works. I run the system tray myself. Also, did you set the priority for the gpu to idle? and the CPU client priority to low?

I am sure i downloaded the System Tray client. From looking at the F@H download page i am sure of it. I do not know if i set the GPU to idle. I do not see that option in the config.

gpusettings.png

That is what my config is setup for. That is what i see when i run the config setup for the GPU client. Anything beyond that i have no clue.

I am sure i downloaded the System Tray client. From looking at the F@H download page i am sure of it. I do not know if i set the GPU to idle. I do not see that option in the config.

That is what my config is setup for. That is what i see when i run the config setup for the GPU client. Anything beyond that i have no clue.

Change the core priority to Slightly higher and move the CPU Usage Percent slider bar to 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom