The New, Hopefully Bug Free Folding@Home Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better question is Why Not??

Folding is crunching data for Standford Universe to work on genes that cause deseases.

Gpus make huge points, they work on one type of experient, where the cpus crunch bigger different units.

What are your specs? Running simple cpu on a machine is unnoticable, and helps a good cause, and besides, If theyre one, why not.

Because if I ever get seriously ill its my dads service revolver to the back of my head ;) + **** you americans don't want to give you any xtra discoveries after you have pillaged all ours

Being from America doesn't have anything to do with it, salty ;). It's for the benefit of everybody.

I am sorry but canadians are the one nation that I despise as a race its just that every cnadian I have met around 20 in total I have not liked theres just something about the accent and default personality that bugs me.

Nation as a race? That makes no sense. They are as diverse in Canada as they are in the USA. How can you say nation as a race? There is more than jsut 1 religion up there and more than 1 race of people.

Now with that said stop this kind of talk now! It is borderline Religious which is against our better judgement to allow to continue. I will delete posts long before i close this thread.

Folding is for the benefit of everyone. I have a family member who works at Roswell Cancer institute and jsut the other day he discovered yet another form of Cancer.

If having Idle PC's do something as simple as this with a GFX card that is not being fully utilized will help cure things such as that just discovered. Then why not do it?

The things that we are folding are to help humanity as a whole. Not just the USA or Canada or UK or Japan or anything like that. I bet if the servers were located anywher else but the USA people would be all over this. But since it is located in Stanford people throw a fit cause it is the USA...

whatever.

I am doing it so that 1 day maybe my kids wont have these things killing them when all i had to do was run my GFX card non stop and Fold. It isnt being utilized just having a high end card just sitting there waiting for a game to be fired up.

So the real question is as was already said.

WHY NOT FOLD?

It helps everyone. One day we could find a cure for a disease which could infect your child. Wouldnt you feel much better knowing that you helped cure this disease than let it kill them? All for just running a simple application on your PC while not gaming.

Sorry but it is a no brainer to me.

Great post mak.

The way i see it, is its more beneficial for me to let this run and maybe one day solve one of these big diseases, like cancer. Plus you can have fun with it, and use it a bragging rights with the amount of points.

And America has little to do with it, theres people folding all over the world.

Folding@home - Maps

In fact, it looks like Europe and the U.S. have the same amount of folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom