Home network dropping

Spud5437

In Runtime
Hi all I’m after some help with my home network.

I have my internet coming into my garage where the ISP router is as well as my NAS and DRV. From the router I have a cable going to my house and one going to my brothers house – next door which has always worked well (this has been the setup for around 6 years and with the current ISP 2 years)

The cable going to my brothers house goes to a wireless router in access point mode and a cable from it to another access point – this is working fine

I have the cable coming into my house going into a switch which has a few cameras, a computer and 3 access points. It is on this side I have been having issues shortly after adding the 3rd access point (switched to Mercusys AC1900 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09C7JDYJ1?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1) with the connection dropping at random times for around 15 seconds and then coming back again – maybe 5 – 10 times per day.

I have tried resetting the Halo routers and setting up again but the issue keeps happening and the computer cabled to the switch also losses connection but everything on the other side stays fine.

I am going to try switching back to the two old access points I was using and then if it is still the same try swapping out the switch but I wanted to check if anyone had any suggestions of what I should try as I’m not hugely experienced with networking and I could be missing something simple

Back
Top Bottom