The New, Hopefully Bug Free Folding@Home Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

the F@H GPU client for nVidia cards does not support SLi or multi cards yet. So getting 2x280's wont get you to the top anytime fast. Since you will only be able to use 1 core of them all. ;)

Not to mention that PVRT is almost at 1 Million there would be no way that you would beat him that fast. ;)

Cheers,
Mak

Mak, the client been supporting multi-gpu's for a while now.

Ill be running two 8800gt's in the same machine really soon (for a total of 3x 8800gt) im already making 9,000 ppd as of now.

This is the core that allows multiple gpus in the same machine, with sli turned off and the latest version of the client:
Folding Forum • View topic - A new Nvidia core (v1.07) for users w/ multi-gpu boards

And here is a thread which shows three GTX 280's running in the same machine, making over 20,000ppd:
Folding Forum • View topic - One computer + 3 GTX280 SSC's = 21,576 PPD

And here is a ppd chart, which agains shows multi-gpu configs as well as regular:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c241/legoman666/nvidia_by_Card_then_PPD.gif

Rican,

Did they release a update to the Beta? Must have. That is dated July 1st. That is why i didnt know about it.

Well okay. I was wrong. Nice to see them update it. Will have to find the latest version for myself.

Cheers,
Mak

I started up a new team roster sticky. I will have to go back and update it later on.

Ill get around to making a new folding at home thread, with updated info such as the new GPU2 clients for Nvidia and ATI cards, as well as some ppd charts.

Congrats Prvrt on the 1 Million mark!!!

Anyone else having trouble uploading WU's today? I had to run this morning, but one of my PS3's was trying for over 30 min to upload a completed WU. Tried restarting it, tested internet, all was fine, just couldn't upload WU. Will have to check it when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom