SWAT team in FL shoots "armed" 8th grader

Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN just stated the kid died today, he is now on life support to donate his organs.... And it WAS HIS PARENTS that painted the gun for him to look real as a present I think, not sure, wasn't paying attention for a min there. So no, he didn't get shot in the leg, or arm, it was a fatal shot possibly to the torso....

EDIT: They are now saying a painted gun, now they won't say what they said right before break... And he is brain dead... I guess a shot to the head or a vital vein....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060115/ap_on_re_us/school_evacuated

Well. It looks like the parents warned the authorities that the gun was most likely not real. So that sounds like they did not exhaust all other options. Im sorry, I am not saying the SWAT Team is wrong, but they poorly executed this one.......

Here is my stong point in this thread.
Knowing that the kid could of had a fake gun, they shot him?

Where was your armored entry shield? your flashbangs? your pepper spray? your trusty stun guns that you like to use on everyone?

If they didnt have any of the above, they really cannot call themselves a SWAT team, but rather just cowboy Sheriff deputies.

Stun guns cant be used on someone who is pointing a gun at you.

Thats like usings your hands to block a knife, or trying to cut with your wooden spoon.

There are rules to everything but a very plain rule to guns is.

If someone makes a hostile action, IE: pulling a gun and pointing it at someone, even pulling it it out or making a movement to pull it out can get you shot and or killed, anyone in the area results in the justification of deadly force.

Oh and that guy who stunned the little boy because he was "kicking out a window."

Im pretty sure the story is that kid was threatening to cut himself with the glass so the deputy or police officer couldn't get close enough so he had to use a mid-ranged options.

Anyways, no one who wasn't there really can't scrutinize anything they did. You'd have to be there to be able to say what they did was bad or good.

What if it was a real pistol? What is it was loaded, and the SWAT officer hesitated taking into account what the parents said, what if he hesitated just 1 or 2 seconds? Thats how fast the boy could have pulled the trigger, succesfully killing the deputy he was pointing the gun at.

EDIT: Pepperspray and stun guns can't be used at a range.

What if the kid had certain conditions where they couldn't use flashbangs or his ears were far too sensitive. What if the SWAT team's shields were being repaired because of the last entry they went in the baddies had sub machine guns and the rounds punctured them making them innoperable.

If a soldier doesn't have his BDU on does that make him not a soldier? If a mom isn't with her kids, does that make her not a mom? If a president isn't in his country, does that not make him a president? If a jewish person doesn't have his yamica on, does it mean he isn't jewish?

So if I said, to your comment about the 9/11 video.

"Figures, you live in New York."

Would it be a good comeback or insult?

I would have stood up for anyone else had they been in the same position.

Please, when you can't think of anything to say, don't say anything at all.

Its stupid when people put the blame others just to put blame on someone. Or just speak badly of someone, even when there is no reason.

When you get into SWAT, you get in because you are a professional. Not because you're a "cowboy" and they like your six shooter or your horse.

FireFox said:
I don't care if the cops were told before hand that it was fake. If it doesn't look fake then I'm not going to take the chance. The police probably kept it in mind, and if it was fake then it would have the orange tip, but it didn't....of course, NOW we know FOR SURE that it IS fake...

As I said before, you can't take that chance.
One of the reasons why I support the idea that realistic looking toy guns should be outlawed / recalled.

Now if some one either paints or modified or does some thing else to make a toy gun look reallistic, then it their own problem is they get ingured or killed by some one mistaking that toy to be real.

My attitude with guns is if I see one in some one's hands, then I beleive that they have intension of using it.

Just a few different retailers who sell airsoft guns, which in fact are BB guns and shoot a BB. BBs dont have to be metal.
Already posted the Airsoft thing man. Got an Airsoft gun myself that looks extremely real and is fully automatic. Hurts like **** too. I think this thread should come to an end before a flame fest occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom