SWAT team in FL shoots "armed" 8th grader

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzi9mm

Fully Optimized
A Florida swat team shot an 8th grader that was armed with a BB gun....... I like how they always talk about ending a conflict peacefully, and without any shootings.. And they are armed with the latest technology *cough* flashbang *cough*.. It seems to me that if the 8th grade was held up in the bathroom they could of stunned his sorry little *** with a flashbang then enter the room and than arrest him. But seems to me that the judical cowboys down there like to rush the gun.... litterally.

I have to say that Florida is a wild wild west type of state........ This is the only state that I hear about cops stun gunning 7 year olds.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060114/ap_on_re_us/school_evacuated

The kid had it coming for him, and apparently it was a non lethal shot. They didn't know it was a pellet gun, and they weren't going to give him the chance to shoot it so that they could find out. Apparently, the kid is still alive, he didn't commit suicide, and no innocent people were harmed except for mentally. The real blame goes back to the parents.

Anyways, we all could sit here all day and point fingers, but lets just make this simple and blame Bush. It seems that he gets blamed for just about everything that makes national news nowadays.

You don't know the exact circumstances and neither do I. Therefore, there is no point in assuming that they had flash bangs or that they were even in a place where they could use such a device. They may have only shot him in the leg or they could have even shot the BB gun and the debris punctured him. Who knows. Apparently, tasering him was out of the question.

It all goes back to the family, really.

I think they did what they had to. The kid had the gun disguised as a real gun, and very easily could have killed others and himself, as he said he was going to.

belive me... they had flashbangs on them.... I am beginning to think that the SWAT team never shot the kid. It was a cowboy sheriff deputy that went in.

Ha Ha! Awesome!

I'm glad the little punk got shot!

Go ahead and cry me a river about how things could have been resolved differently. The facts are that he was given orders by the law and disobeyed. He pointed the "gun" at an armed officer and the officer did what he had to do.

Too bad the kid isn't dead. Now the taxpayer will probably have to pay for his medical bills and a lawsuit...

When are people in America going to start taking responsibility for their actions? It's always someone else's fault.

It is his fault, but seems odd that they are allowed to shoot children like that and taser them... They taser me it will give me a heart attack.... A normal shock can give me one really... Just because of my weight... Anyways it isn't that hard to tell it was a BB gun I bet, they never look like a REAL rifle.... They are usualy a little shorter and smaller than a rifle... Now if he had an Air Pistol then yea... That would have been as hard as **** to tell, there very realistic....

I'm sorry...is anyone here on a SWAT team? Had weapons training for this kind of thing? Been in a situation like this? Was anyone there at that scene?

Seriously, you all talk about these things like you know them. What the news media reports is what gets attention, not always what the verbatim truth is.

The most that most of you know is a flashbang stuns someone in SWAT 4.

Don't talk like you know what's going on unless you do, because I have absolutley no doubt that all the training in the world couldn't get you ready for seeing a kid with a gun pointed at you.

Go ahead and blame someone, the officer, the SWAT team...but you just seem so ignorant doing it.

well this is my point...

Florida is known for doing alot of crazy stuff..... They are always tazering kids and pepperspraying them. I saw an article because a 6 year old kid was in a principals office trying to kick a window out and the cop tazered him... Give me a break..

I would LOVE to tazer that cop and see how he likes it.

So I would not be suprised if they did not exhaust all other options before shooting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom