Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

different strokes for different folks ;)

I just find that I'm way happier when I'm constantly doing things. When I have down time I get bored and that's when I get into trouble, cause I end up getting lazy and demotivated.

Re: Today I have...

After working in this current job for 3 years, I've yet to meet anyone in that kind of well paid position who doesn't have a relevant piece of paper in the same field as they're working.
but I guess it's possible! :p

Today I'm still trying to get a sim activated. Ordered a phone on a plan nearly 2 weeks ago now, original sim didn't work. Got a new one, didn't work. They posted a new one, it's not linked to some account or other. I don't get how a provider can fail this bad
You also don't live in the US where it only takes an Associates to be a manager at a McDonalds.

So I called him up and he said they changed their policy to now they want people with some form of degree in IT......which is still pretty broad. Lets go to college for BCIS and go work with cell phone tickets LOL.
Something sad, this same guys brand new 570 doesn't work.

Still no expandable storage, still no connectivity options apart from wifi (and 3g if you get that model). Apart from that, and the fact that it's still subject to Apple's draconian rules, looks to be a good bit of hardware. I'll be waiting on someone other than Apple for comparisons/benchmarks/graphs though, the ones in the keynote were just...well...laughable. No detail in them whatsoever apart from "here's a bar and here's a higher bar, this one's not apple and this one IS apple!"
Oh and no flash on rear? Thought they'd learned their lesson with the iPhone on that one

Yea, you have to call them.

Naw. I don't know any jobs that you apply for over phone. Or were you joking? Im confused.

Still no expandable storage, still no connectivity options apart from wifi (and 3g if you get that model). Apart from that, and the fact that it's still subject to Apple's draconian rules, looks to be a good bit of hardware. I'll be waiting on someone other than Apple for comparisons/benchmarks/graphs though, the ones in the keynote were just...well...laughable. No detail in them whatsoever apart from "here's a bar and here's a higher bar, this one's not apple and this one IS apple!"
Oh and no flash on rear? Thought they'd learned their lesson with the iPhone on that one

You can count on the GPU being top notch. Apple always uses the fastest GPUs for some reason. It's like their little fetish. Though when your powering a screen of that resolution you don't have a lot of choice.

Camera looks good, not to fussed about flash. All phone flashes suck, they always make the picture look like crap, I always turn it off. If I really desperately do need a flash i'd have my phone on me anyway.

No Siri is a very odd omission, instead just a generic voice to text function. Can't get my head around that.

Ofcourse the screen looks sweet. I'm actually just as interested to see what kind of improvement in color gamut and black levels they've made.

edit:

Bollocks. There needs to be a merge post function for long time TF users.
*editorial note* but I like doing it for you T_T

I'm sure the GPU will be good/fast/etc, I'm wanting specifics though. Same for the CPU.
It should be interesting, dual core CPU vs Quad core cpu and 4 core GPU vs 12 core GPU in the iPad vs TFP

Once again though I find myself almost literally frothing at the mouth at the amount of misinformation in the release and people's general reaction to it.

What misinformation ?

And lol. I'm looking round my room for stuff too sell. It feels odd not having the money... for IP4s/iPad2 I had the money ready weeks in advanced. I'm letting my standards slip big time. Going on the Apple store and seeing it available for release day delivery is pure teasing me.

By misinformation I don't mean they're lying (well, sometimes yes but not generally). I mean they take advantage of the ignorance of the audience
Easiest pick of the lot is the "Retina Display". Apparently the new iPad has one, but only from 15 inches or further away. Well jesus, EVERY display in existence is now a "retina display" if you can change the definition of what constitutes such a display on the fly depending on the device you're using. I mean honestly...

Naw. I don't know any jobs that you apply for over phone. Or were you joking? Im confused.

You can count on the GPU being top notch. Apple always uses the fastest GPUs for some reason. It's like their little fetish. Though when your powering a screen of that resolution you don't have a lot of choice.

Camera looks good, not to fussed about flash. All phone flashes suck, they always make the picture look like crap, I always turn it off. If I really desperately do need a flash i'd have my phone on me anyway.

No Siri is a very odd omission, instead just a generic voice to text function. Can't get my head around that.

Ofcourse the screen looks sweet. I'm actually just as interested to see what kind of improvement in color gamut and black levels they've made.

edit:

Bollocks. There needs to be a merge post function for long time TF users.
*editorial note* but I like doing it for you T_T

Apple does not always use the best GPUs. Aside from A5 Apple has never had a dominant GPU, heck the Galaxy S had close to double the GPU performance of the iphone 4.

I hate how apple gets something right one time and people suddenly act like things have been that way from the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom