Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Lol may be like me with working for money but apparently not managing money hehe jk jk ;)

Haha. I'm not too bad. Though I don't have anything to pay for like you. My parents only want rent off me when I get a job.. so everything else is fair game. And hey if buying a new piece of tech means I just have to spend nothing for the next 4 weeks i'm happy to do that.

The real test is when I get a job and soon after move out, I think there will be a significant upgrade in my money management skills for the simple fact that there has to be.

Once you overspend and have to call your parents to send you money so you can make rent that month or get food, you'll wisen up pretty fast about money. That's what happened to me when I went off to college and was semi-independent after living off my parents (which is great fun), but when I had to call up my parents and ask for some money to help make rent that's when I started to get my **** together.

Also one final point from me on the school thing, high school is mostly BS, I'm completely in agreement with that, and much of college is too, but most of your classes are directly relatable to the work force. If you don't do your homework and breeze through college courses when you go out to try and get a job and you can't remember **** about your degree then you're ****ed and you're gonna wish you put the time into it.

If you find a job that you can slack at and not really push yourself and still make money then that's all fine and dandy for you, but I'd rather stay busy either through being active or learning new things. I'd rather work as a grocery store stocker for 30-35k a year then sit behind a computer and twiddle my thumbs for 100k a year.

Slight flaw in that, most people who go to college these days don't even use the degree they studied in. Like me, I'm going to research what the easiest 2 year I can get is then go do the same job my friend is doing over at Verizon because that is the main thing they require.

if you're going anywhere in a specialized environment you're going to get laughed out the door if you don't have a degree in that field or **** tons of experience in the field.

Tell that to my friend and his friends who work at Verizon making almost the amount of money you were talking about previously, none of which who have degrees that deal with telecommunications. Most places that require such a small degree only look at it for the commitment value, sort of like being a manager or supervisor for a daily grind type of place (like Mc D's). So no, I wouldn't be laughed out of the door. They would see a better resume than that of my friend (more real work experience, a few certs), a 2 year degree, and if the interview goes well say I'm hired.

Like I said, most people who get an Associates don't even use that small degree for anything they do in their life really unless they continue on with that study. It is just something nice to see on paper.

After working in this current job for 3 years, I've yet to meet anyone in that kind of well paid position who doesn't have a relevant piece of paper in the same field as they're working.
but I guess it's possible! :p

Today I'm still trying to get a sim activated. Ordered a phone on a plan nearly 2 weeks ago now, original sim didn't work. Got a new one, didn't work. They posted a new one, it's not linked to some account or other. I don't get how a provider can fail this bad

New iPad is released and I can't afford it. This is a painful experience for me. *gives evil eyes to PS Vita*.

Maybe if someone would give me a damn job. I swear i've applied to about 50 jobs this past month, not so much as a phone call back yet.

Back
Top Bottom