Politics thread (continuing from h/w)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeffrock, damn man! Didn't know some of that stuff. Very nice post. Damn.... Scaring ones people to elect yourself to whatever position is a time tested process.. Bush did it beautifully.. It was amazing to watch ppl completely ignore the facts during the last election. I followed it pretty carefully.. It was ridiculous.

The big reason Bush won was the gay marriage scare. Religious radicals, including my parents, say things like "we'd rather die than live in a nation that supports gay marriage." These people were out in force because many, many states had the gay marriage amendment on the ballot, so they voted for Bush at the same time. I honestly which there would've been an alternative choice to Bush or Kerry. What ever happened to the FDRs, JFKs, and Ronald Reagans?

Everyone, or most everyone, has vaild points. This is what make politics, off the top of my head Chankama and Beedubaya have very good points. Thing is, Bush is doing what we fought against in the Korean and Vietnam wars, only oppsite. He is spreading Democrcy, what did we do durring those wars? Fought against the spread of Communism. Kinda funny how that works.

-Ryan

If I was an American citizen (instead of Canadian), I would've voted for Kerry. Certainly not my "ideal" choice. But atleast I would've helped to get a lunatic out of office. :-\..

And as for homosexuals, I know that was a huge issue for most people..

"we'd rather die than live in a nation that supports gay marriage."

That's pretty funny man :)

Nubius said:
[SNIPPED]......that's the dumbest crap I've ever heard....if you hate it so much, you come up with your own damn resources and leave....theres plenty of people from mexico or cuba that don't have money and resources and manage to sneak in here, it's a whole hell of a lot easier to get out of this country especially for people who don't appreciate it.

That's gotta be the most assanine shit I've ever heard "give me the money to leave" yeah freakin right, give me a break. You hate it so much yet you won't make the slightest effort on your own to leave....... moron

You know I use to respect you. but your true redneck colors just showed up. you must have missed the part about him taking my money and my resources away from me. I will not move somewhere else broke and penniless to prove a point to your butt. like I said you want me to go somewhere else, give me the money and the resources to set up there and I would leave tomorrow

I probably get banned for this, because you were once a moderator, but I'd be damned if I let you talk to me this way.
[Flame SNIPPED]

beedubaya said:
I think this thread should be closed, but I dont have the power in this section.

I admit I don't agree with Bush's ways, but I've never seen a president with as much hatred spewed against him as this one. I think we should respect the President, even if we don't agree with his policies. That doesn't mean we have to vote for him or support him in his campaigne, but to say Hitler was a better leader, c'mon! And I think if it would have been anybody but John Kerry running this last election, Bush would have been out.

As for all you American children 'hating America', like Nubius said, go live in Cuba or China, or better yet, Afghanistan. I love America and think its a wonderful country. Bush is NOT America. You can dislike Bush without 'hating America'.

to republicans, he is the the best president ever. to everybody else in the world he is the worst.

Also, what about Muslims in the US.. They are discriminated against beyond belief. Not by Bush.. But by the people. Can't "they" say, they hate the country?.. And no one has any right to say "get out u traitor".. They might just be paying more taxes than the person who's teling them to get lost.. :) They should say "YOU should get the hell out if u can't treat us with respect".. Just retarded.

moderaters I apologize for that but this fool talks to everybody like that and because he used to be a mod, nothing will ever happen to him. I never called him out of his name, but now all of a sudden I'm an idiot and a moron, because I've basicallly had my american's rights stripped from me. he's white so he will never experience what I've experienced. but he think he can have the right to judge me

He needs to shut his mouth until he has walked in my shoes for at least 24hrs and not like the 5 years of this bs that I have put up with.

I was a Republican before Bush, but this president's actions have made me question the motives of my party.

It makes me sick to hear Bush have said things like "I'm not worried about Osama Bin Laden," or "We knew Saddam Hussein could have been developing a weapons program." He even in fact admitted that we were in Iraq to "finish his daddy's war" shortly after winning this election. And he has tremendous support among religious leaders because of his stance on gay marriage, but I honestly don't think he even cares about that....the whole thing was just a line to help get him elected.

He has done terrible at promoting technology advances in this country, and even admits that has never used a computer nor never will. IMO, Republicans and religious leaders are heavily blinded. They elevate Bush to God-like status, even preachers preach that if you didn't vote for Bush you are not Christian. If they could only see the true colors of this man, they would not think him so Christian.

beedubaya said:
I was a Republican before Bush, but this president's actions have made me question the motives of my party.

It makes me sick to hear Bush have said things like "I'm not worried about Osama Bin Laden," or "We knew Saddam Hussein could have been developing a weapons program." He even in fact admitted that we were in Iraq to "finish his daddy's war" shortly after winning this election. And he has tremendous support among religious leaders because of his stance on gay marriage, but I honestly don't think he even cares about that....the whole thing was just a line to help get him elected.

He has done terrible at promoting technology advances in this country, and even admits that has never used a computer nor never will. IMO, Republicans and religious leaders are heavily blinded. They elevate Bush to God-like status, even preachers preach that if you didn't vote for Bush you are not Christian. If they could only see the true colors of this man, they would not think him so Christian.

this is all true. the churhes were calling kerry the antichrist and that you support the devil if you vote for him

Beedub was just talking to me about that on AIM

I understand, we all have our childish using the word GAY moments, but gay people are ok as long as their not crossdressers \ keeping it out of public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom