Politics thread (continuing from h/w)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
Since it has become a flame war on the h/w forum, here's the same "topic" for everyone on this forum :). It was about Bush/Hitler, how they are similar, about customs between US/Canada, and whole buncha other stuff..
----------------------------------------------

EricB said:
how exactly did hilter take over germany? hint he attack his own land and blame it on others and scared everybody in germany into following him

If I remember correctly, hitler promised his people a way out of their bad lives and gave them jobs creating his war machine. The money u ask? Think he printed more.. Did wonders with inflation I am sure. Destroyed his enemies, invaded, etc. etc.

Bush.. Now this is another animal all together.. Remember the very first speech he gave after the Sept 11 attack? "We are at war!".. "These are dangerous people".. The man just approached the whole situation completely wrong. A lot of innocents suffered. He scared the shit out of americans into forgetting his woeful policies on other things.. He scared them so much, that they even forgot that he made a huge mistake with Iraq (his baby).. - yes let us just blame it on the intelligence and forget about bush...

Kerry screwed up in his campaign.. He could've beaten Bush.. But, what he did wrong is another topic.

Bush's mistakes with Iraq has reduced his power significantly in the International community. He alienated them. As a result, he's burdaining america with more than it should be burdened with. As a result, he's less powerful against N. Korea who is literally mocking the US.

He's still in office (instead of Kerry) b/c americans are scared.. They think he's the only one that can get the job done and keep them safe. Even though he's failed miserably in that area as well. He's made a lot of enemies around the world. Enemies that didn't need to be enemies. At least not to the same degree.

Now, social security.. What can we say about social security :).......

This thread?.. Why dude? The thread in H/W should be locked. But there were a lot of people interested in talking about this. But it was inappropriate on that forum. So I started one here.. :-\.. Something wrong with talking about politics?.. It's a civil thing to do :).. "Thou shall not question the government" is not a law is it.. :eek:

This is off topic but keep it civil and no name calling, we all have out own opinions!

I have personal reasons for not liking the Bush Administration, I say administration because I refer to that because its the whole group and not just Bush. He seems like a great guy to watch a football game with and have a beer but as a leader of our country I dont think so. His policies are to inline with religous ways, I am luthern but I dont think the country should be run with those priniciples in mind. For example, "cloning" or stem cell research. I am diabetic and I want to live. We can spend billions apon billions on war and kill hundreds of thousands but cant SAVE lives with stem cell reseach. I can go on and on but I will later.

-Ryan

I have my own reasons for disliking the Bush administration, but I wouldn't go as far as to compare him to Hitler. I do think he's too power hungry though. I do understand his motives and why he is doing the things he is, but I think he is taking it way to far and neglecting some of the things that are really important here at home.

beedubaya said:
I have my own reasons for disliking the Bush administration, but I wouldn't go as far as to compare him to Hitler. I do think he's too power hungry though. I do understand his motives and why he is doing the things he is, but I think he is taking it way to far and neglecting some of the things that are really important here at home.

What he said, you really did sum up my words.

-Ryan

nicely put beedubaya
i dislike the way he is spending too much time money and us lives on the war against the people of Iraq. Our economy is dying and the whole world pretty much hates us

beedubaya said:
I have my own reasons for disliking the Bush administration, but I wouldn't go as far as to compare him to Hitler.
Yeah, after all Hitler boosted Germany's Economy.
Were as Bush has made the US Dollar weakest it's ever been in the last 20 years*.

[EDIT]*Based off the exchange rate between the US and AUST dollar[/EDIT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom